Peugeot Forums banner
881 - 897 of 897 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone noticed an increase in fuel consumption?
I don't know if or how it could have anything to do with the ad blue problem, but it seems my car is using a lot more diesel than before.
At a speed of 80 km/h the board computer would show an average fuel consumption of about 1 litre on 30-33 km.
Now it only gives about 22-24 km per litre.
I also had the rear tires changed recently, I'll check the pressure but I can't believe this could make suchba big difference.

· Registered
18 Posts
It was crystalised adblue, apparently the sensor had become stuck. The garage reset it and added some crystal preventer to the tank. Fingers crossed ...
I'm curious how they discovered that, as I didn't think the sensors were visible and that's why they usually replace the whole tank when they have no idea. Did they insert an inspection camera?

· Registered
128 Posts
How do you mean?? The testers shows empty tank...while it is full - sensor fault! What is there to explore further? Once you use all the adblue theres prescribed operation of level resetting which noone follows...so as result the lamp lights up.

· Registered
18 Posts
I meant I'm curious how they knew it was 'stuck' due to crystalisation. I should think no one followed the prescribed operation of level resetting with my vehicle - the saga that followed buying the car is for elsewhere, but I'm sure the garage I got it from messed this procedure up. Anyway, fingers crossed. Another thing the repair garage told me is that the system is pressurised so driving with the cap loose or even off is an absolute no. This seems to go against the advice some have offered here about driving with the cap off for a while, or drilling holes in caps & taking out seals.

· Registered
128 Posts
Its not pressurized, the vacum formed kills the pump. I took the goddamn thing apart and have a "faulty" tank in my garage. Works normally. Also my tanks works normally 4 years after it "should have been replaced". It is however true that IF the tank seal leaks to the pump department with electronics...than it should be replaced (PSA can ofcourse not do repairs as advised by diy-ers

· Registered
18 Posts
It's only logical that trying to extract something from a sealed system would put strain on whatever is doing the extracting - in this case a pump. The adblue system is insane though, whose idea was it to fit loads of components to a large part from which they can't be separated? It's like saying you can't change a tire without replacing both wheels and the axle.

· Registered
5 Posts
It's only logical that trying to extract something from a sealed system would put strain on whatever is doing the extracting - in this case a pump. The adblue system is insane though, whose idea was it to fit loads of components to a large part from which they can't be separated? It's like saying you can't change a tire without replacing both wheels and the axle.
If the system was reliable it will be acceptable. But this tank are faulty since 9 years now and it seem that it still unfix on new tank… In addition Peugeot use this faulty design to make money by selling the tank at very expensive price.

881 - 897 of 897 Posts