Peugeot Forums banner
821 - 828 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

@Sg30 I have got the exact same issue as you - however 2016 48k on the clock - Peugeot wont budge from 67% covered parts, for me to pay 100% labour and 33% parts - have been pushing for over a week for more - any suggestions on progress? I dont understand how their approcah can vary so differently between customers! Thanks a lot in advance....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

@Sg30 I have got the exact same issue as you - however 2016 48k on the clock - Peugeot wont budge from 67% covered parts, for me to pay 100% labour and 33% parts - have been pushing for over a week for more - any suggestions on progress? I dont understand how their approcah can vary so differently between customers! Thanks a lot in advance....
Afternoon,

An update on what occurred with my back and forth... I took it to a local garage who confirmed they were aware of Peugeot's suffering issues with the Adblue system and that it could be a number of fixes ultimately potentially resulting in a new tank. They also confirmed I had the partial recall on the adblue cap. I contacted customer care and explained the situation that I was aware they knew of a known fault and had previously offered compensation and that I wanted the same. Stated that they had partially recalled the cap but the damage could already have been done to the pump. They confirmed they would pay 67% of parts if it needed a new tank but required I take it to a Peugeot garage. Email received below:

"As requested, this email is to let you know that your vehicle has Special Coverage for a Urea reservoir. Your vehicle is 41 months out of Warranty, which according to our contribution chart is eligible for 67% contribution towards the Urea reservoir replacement (part only).

We would need to have the vehicle diagnosed at an approved Peugeot dealership to determine whether your fault is related to the fault that is covered by Special Coverage. Once the dealership can confirm that, we can apply the contribution towards the part."

The Peugeot garage performed diagnostics at a cost to me and stated the pressure in the tank was fine and it needed a new injector and ECU update at a cost of £540.40 all in. Peugeot have offered to cover £100.00 of this for some reason as it isn't the known fault above. If it was the tank, I would have pushed for them to cover the full costs. There is a complaint email somewhere back in this thread which I would have used.

It's worth bearing in mind I never had the P20E8 code I had: P3054 / P20F6 / P3053 / P2BAD

I also have a private warranty which I am wrestling back and forth with to get them to cover it, they are attempting to wriggle out of that so will keep pushing.

Hope you manage to sort it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I am pretty sure i am being hit with the dreaded and all to common adblue pump failure that the boards are full off. I am getting a P2049 and P20ee errors appearing as well as electrical fault warnign! I had the old style cap on the tank so its very possible that has caused the pump to fail like so many others. The tank itself is full so its not the level of adblue thats the issue.

My question is since i have the 700 mile countdown ticking down what tools have people used to reset that countdown. I dont mind that it will come back again as long as i can reset it to give me some extra miles before i source a tank. I know diagbox will do it but have seen on the forums people have just used other OBD tools that are cheaper that can reset the countdown. I do have an OBD adapter and OBD Doctor but that just resets the error codes and not the 700 mile countdown.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I am pretty sure i am being hit with the dreaded and all to common adblue pump failure that the boards are full off. I am getting a P2049 and P20ee errors appearing as well as electrical fault warnign! I had the old style cap on the tank so its very possible that has caused the pump to fail like so many others. The tank itself is full so its not the level of adblue thats the issue.

My question is since i have the 700 mile countdown ticking down what tools have people used to reset that countdown. I dont mind that it will come back again as long as i can reset it to give me some extra miles before i source a tank. I know diagbox will do it but have seen on the forums people have just used other OBD tools that are cheaper that can reset the countdown. I do have an OBD adapter and OBD Doctor but that just resets the error codes and not the 700 mile countdown.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Hi,

I have been having the same issue for a long time now.
I was able to delete doomed clock 700 miles using OBD adapter and Car Scanner until my NOx sensor failed.
After replacing the NOx sensor I couldn't fully register it on BSI due failed AdBlue system.
Now I need to use Diagbox only to reset this 700miles clock.

So my recommendation is to check OBD and Car Scanner tandem or to buy Diagbox.

Regards,
Arek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I was able to delete doomed clock 700 miles using OBD adapter and Car Scanner until my NOx sensor failed.
After replacing the NOx sensor I couldn't fully register it on BSI due failed AdBlue system.

Regards,
Arek
Do you have a link to the app you used to reset the 700 miles ? I could do this with while I try and see what if any discount I can get from Peugeot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering wether anyone has just gone rouge and had the AdBlue deleted from the ECU by one of the remapping companies that offer such a service?
And if so did this genuinely solve the issue and ultimately was it detectable at service or MOT?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Arek
@Arek i now have diagbox 9.86 and the right Lexie cable. What menus do I have to go into to get the countdown reset like you do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just had my 2008 Feline diagnosed withe the dreaded urea tank and pump failure with a £1400 repair bill at 70,000 miles.
Interestingly this is the second failure. The first failure occured three weeks after the car was purchase from a non Peugeot dealership. Eventually the garage relented and had the car repaired at a non Peugeot garage at no cost to me.
So 35000 miles later its occurred again.
There are no specific instruction wrt maintenence or specific procedures wrt driving. So has anyone been advised what is the design life of the Urea pump/ tank combination?
I've advised my Peugot dealership that I'm not comfortable with a known design weakness particularly as our household has two other 208 with the same system!

821 - 828 of 828 Posts