Peugeot Forums banner
761 - 780 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately, no indication that the problem is solved. And in France, many cars have their pump replaced 2 or 3 times with 1 or 2 years spaced...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. Well my car lasted less than a year and it's back again. Dreeeded ad blue. 3 pumps all second hand. So ows me £500 ish.

Had enough.

Have ended up with another Peugeot 208 1.2 petrol witch bough for a steal of work mate so breaking it for spares.

What I want to know could I remove the ecu lockset clock est out of the 1.2 petrol. put it into my 1.4 diseal ad blue car and then get rid of ad blue from my car. I have Peugeot planet so do re sinking

Is this one way I could get rid of ad blue permently.

Please any ideas I'm all ears would love some advice please

·
Registered
2016 C4 picasso 1.6 blue Hdi
5 Posts
Thanks a lot, it is very useful. It raises few questions though.
I see urea temperature 0C (see some earlier posts with a similar case). Still the heating is not switched on (heating power 0%). This made me think that the urea temperature never goes above 0C (just like the pressure never goes below 4bar being the end of sensor range) and therefore seeing 0C is not an error and the "authorization by temp" is linked to another temperature. Now, that you saw 8C urea temperature, it clearly shows 0C being an error.
Also strange when I start the engine, the Authorization by temperature is NO, and later (without starting the urea heating and without changing the 0C measured temperature) it turns AUTHORIZED. So, which input can be used for this and what is the threshold?
If the Authorization by pressure is indeed the liquid pressure, then why doesn't it start the pump? It says "pump is stopped". It does not say "failure" and when I tried the small motor on it, it ran happily. I would understand if I saw, that the Pump is On, the pressure is not going up above the range-minimum 4bar and it reports a failure.
Also, I am not 100% sure, but it seemed to me, that when the Authorization by temp turned On, immediately then the P20E8 came up. With the logic you described, I would assume, that it cannot start the pump until the temperature is OK and then it gives some time for the pump (it is a rather small pump with the buffer tank) to build up the pressure. but then again, the pump remains in stopped status and the error comes immediately.

Is there a chance that you can measure the normal sequence of events with a cold, starting engine? E.g. when is the Auth by pressure turned ON, what temperatures (urea, cat) you see when Auth by temp turns on, when do you see the Gauge Pump not in stopped phase, etc. Thanks.
Hi !
I can't write a private message.
Could You write me a pm?
Your p20e8 problem solved?
Olvastam a bejegyzéseket ezzel kapcsolatban.
I read your posts, for this problem.
Szeretnék pár dolgot kérdezni.
I'd like t to ask a few questions

·
Registered
8 Posts
Emission control Fault

I appear to be another one with an Emission control fault. I topped up the Ad-blue in August (it had not run low at this point)and received no further low urea warning but on 20th Oct the Emission Control Fault came up. In an attempt to solve it i added more Ad-blue on 21 Oct and then booked it into the Peugeot Garage, for a diagnostic at £63 for a standard half hour labour charge. They rang me to tell me the car was ready but that no fault code had been identified and the Emission Control Fault had "reset itself", they said the problem could be an air lock because i had allowed the adblue to run too low and then topped it up, but this wasn't the case. When i collected the vehicle i asked for the printout from the diagnostic which showed the following faults as follows
U1109 87- communication fault with the gearbox ECU
P20F6 00- DeNox System Circuit
P20EE 00- Depollution of the De Nox System
P2BAD 00- Depollution of the De Nox System

I started to ask questions about all of these fault codes but i didn't understand his responses and he told me it was their job to interpret the codes. His parting words were, "the code may come back and you may need a new tank (Ad-bue)". The vehicle was registered in May 16, i purchased it in May 17.

Can anyone help me to interpret the codes and what it all means to someone who knows nothing about cars...

Why did peugeot not suggest fixing all of the error codes ?

I am now worried that one day i will not be able to start my car without warning...

My Adblue cap was recalled and replaced in June 18

Sorry for the long post but i didnt feel any comfort from the Peugeot garage
I posted back in 2019 about the engine management lights on my 308, after the re-set that cost me £63 i had no further problems for a while......in Feb 2022 the lights of doom came back , engine management>urea>service. My local garage did a diagnostic, they said it was likely the Ad-blue tank (pump) , they advised me to contact peugeot customer care to see if i could get any financial assistance, they also told me that my DPF soot value was low (about 11%). I contacted PCC and was told that a PUG main dealer must diagnose any faults. A visit to a main delear, with an initial plug into the computer cost £110 with further more detailed diagnostic (some form of flow test) costing an additional £276, identified that the De-Nox sensor and ad-blue injector needed replacing....a whopping £1118....hey but it was fixed....well no it wasn't....11 days later and the same three lights, engine management, urea and service. They are now telling me that i need a new DPF....so same lights but different diagnosis and am i to believe the DPF has failed in just 11 days as no fault was detected with the previous diagnostics costing £380 ? PUG have stepped in to offer 60% of cost...but could all this still point to the fact that the real problem is the Urea tank ? Ive not seen the codes for the most recent visit as the car is still in their care but i am now concerned that there was never an issue with the De-Nox sensor...and more is too come...i want to get rid to be honest but second hand cars are pricey at the moment..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I think I have solved my Adblue fault problem (sorry for my english, i used google translate).
The context: my 2015 308 GT 180 had 65,000 km in June 2021, I travel 2x15 km per day.
For 6 months, the urea + engine fault (without remaining distance) appeared intermittently every 1 to 2 weeks (fault code P20E8 which disappeared automatically after 2 or 3 days).
I completely dismantled the adblue circuit; no traces of crystallization, clean injector but ultrasonicated for safety. In short, no blockages but still the intermittent fault.

In December 2021, I monitored the regeneration cycles of the DPF (smell of burning exhaust) and I continued to drive for the operation to be completed. After a complete regeneration while driving normally on a flat road at 90 km, the problem is still present but the frequency of occurrence of the fault has decreased. At the second complete regeneration in January 2022 while driving on roads which put a lot of strain on the engine (hill grade + hairpins + motorway) the urea + engine fault with mileage count 1100 kms appeared for the first time after 20 minutes on the motorway. Some days later and after 150 kilometers traveled, all faults disappeared, and for 2 months now, no more faults.

The most plausible explanation is as follows: the clogging of the DPF disrupts the injection of AdBlue because the gas pressure upstream of the DPF is too high. Basically, there is a difference between the quantity of adblue theoretically injected and the quantity actually injected. Perhaps the system measures the pressure drop in the adblue line in relation to the piloting time of the injector? I don't know.
Before the pandemic, I traveled a lot more, which was enough to properly maintain the DPF.

Here, I hope it will be useful to others and in any case, do not rush to the dealership at the first light that comes on, except if a smell of ammonia or white smoke emerges from the exhaust outlet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too have a P20E800 code, Urea Pressure Too Low. This is the only code Diagbox threw up.

Before I fork out for a new tank can anyone explain how I can rule out the Nox sensor and also the adblue injector.

I have a copy of Diagbox but find it quite un user friendly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How many start and how many days after the first urea light ?
If you have diagbox, you can see the nox sensor value when you drive (denox 2 display).
I think tank failure (73000 miles : change the injector to prevent the DPF failure).

·
Registered
25 Posts
How many start and how many days after the first urea light ?
If you have diagbox, you can see the nox sensor value when you drive (denox 2 display).
I think tank failure (73000 miles : change the injector to prevent the DPF failure).
Only 1 day, it first happened yesterday.

Why do you think I should change the injector?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you can, drive 2 or 3 days more and then, if no changes, it confirmed a total dépollution failure => tank issue.

often, the injector is changed a few months after the urea tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This might help someone in the future….
I had the same problem P20e800 Urea pressure too low along with the numerous countdown errors on the screen.
I bought a new genuine tank off eBay from a dealer for £550 and fitted it in 30 mins or so.
Strangely, contrary to lots of other peoples experiences on here I haven’t needed to have the tank coded. The tank was dated 2021. I cleared the faults after fitting and none have reappeared after 100 miles or so of driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. In my 308 1.6 HDi (2016). Initially, the UREA light appeared. I therefore topped UREA on the car and the light went off as it normally should do.

About two weeks later, I suddenly got the following two error codes, while UREA light, engine light, and service light all appear and countdown has started from 1100km:

-U029e
-P20e8

Does anyone know what the most likely cause is for the combination of these two error codes?
- Is it the NOX sensor, AdBlue tank or something else that most likely causes this?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi. In my 308 1.6 HDi (2016). Initially, the UREA light appeared. I therefore topped UREA on the car and the light went off as it normally should do.

About two weeks later, I suddenly got the following two error codes, while UREA light, engine light, and service light all appear and countdown has started from 1100km:

-U029e
-P20e8

Does anyone know what the most likely cause is for the combination of these two error codes?
- Is it the NOX sensor, AdBlue tank or something else that most likely causes this?
Had the same problem with my 308 GT 180 BHP had a new nox senser fitted then had to have a new AdBlue tank fitted which cured the problem luckily for me having my car serviced by main dealer they paid the bill for new tank good will gesture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem with my 308 GT 180 BHP had a new nox senser fitted then had to have a new AdBlue tank fitted which cured the problem luckily for me having my car serviced by main dealer they paid the bill for new tank good will gesture.
I also tend to think, my AdBlue tank needs to be replaced.
Did replacing the NOX sensor fix any error codes in your case?
Or was it the tank replacement that solved both "U029e" and "P20e8"?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also tend to think, my AdBlue tank needs to be replaced.
Did replacing the NOX sensor fix any error codes in your case?
Or was it the tank replacement that solved both "U029e" and "P20e8"?
Well the sensor was changed which got rid of the EML then after a month or so the P20E8 code came up called Peugeot Main Dealer who have looked after my car they told me most likely the Ad Blue tank which it turned out to be they contacted Peugeot for me and was thankfully told that due to the known knowledge of this problem they in a good will gesture changed the tank at NO costs to me problem solved hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well the sensor was changed which got rid of the EML then after a month or so the P20E8 code came up called Peugeot Main Dealer who have looked after my car they told me most likely the Ad Blue tank which it turned out to be they contacted Peugeot for me and was thankfully told that due to the known knowledge of this problem they in a good will gesture changed the tank at NO costs to me problem solved hope this helps.

761 - 780 of 807 Posts