Peugeot Forums banner
561 - 580 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also, the earliest appointment is the 27th July. So I have a couple of weeks to wait!! If we ended up driving the car with the warning lights on. Will that cause damage to the car?

·
Registered
30 Posts
From what I have read and understand, no damage to the car. Just more pollutants.

I had a quick look at imports, I think that we have to pay additional VAT (20%), custom duties (2%), collection charge (for VAT & duties) from the delivery courier (?), but if anyone can lets us know how much they paid?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, a huge amount of information and knowledge in here! I think I've read every post, but I wanted to get views on what's happened to my car to see if I have the dreaded failed pump issue.

Car is a 2016 Peugeot 3008 16 blue HDi with just under 50,000 miles. It has the 'new' cap and this was there when I bought the car at 28,0000 miles. A couple of weeks ago the Urea 1500 mile warning came on. I made a mental note to buy some adblue the following day, but had a long journey so planned to do it as I came home.

On my journey home, in torrential rain, speeds were down to 40mph on the motorway, suddenly I had the engine fault light came on, the emissions control fault and lots of grey smoke coming out of the back. I drove another 3 miles to the nearest services. Stopped and checked the error codes. There were about 10, but unfortunately at this point I didn't write them down, however P20E8 was one of them.

As the adblue level was low anyway, I bought 10l and topped up. In filling up I noticed the base of the boot was warm to touch. I cleared the faults and started again. Within a few miles emissions fault came up again with the engine warning light. I stopped once more, there was still some grey smoke with the only fault code being P20E8. Cleared fault again and drove the remaining 10 miles home with the fault, engine warning etc coming on again after a couple of miles.

While trying to work out the issue and reading this thread I've left the car for a few days. I took it out this evening and didn't receive an emissions or engine fault light and no warning on the Urea. The car stinks however and the emissions are clearly really bad. No grey soke now, but on revving while stationary the exhaust is staining the tarmac.

I rechecked for fault codes and this time the only code is P2OF6.

If you've got this far, thanks very much for reading! Questions are:

1. Have other people had grey smoke and/or a hot boot with this issue?
2. Does the change in the fault code mean it's more likely to be the injector rather than the tank?

Many thanks in advance. I'm hoping to be forearmed with as much knowledge before I either approach a Peugeot mechanic or start pulling it apart myself!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bottom of the tank should be pure liquid . The heater resistance is in the middle.not sure why it was warm.
Maybe your lcd is also running low ? 20E8 is damn close to 20F6 in LCD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hot boot - not seen it mentioned, but there is a heaters in the Adblue tank. I guess the control of one of these could fail and then it would be over heating the tank. It is about 1.2 ohm = 120W @12V. Not sure how warm this would make the boot floor as the tank has an airgap between it and the floor. Also it is only heating the liquid at the bottom of the tank, or could it boil?.

I have seen smoke mentioned on the French car forum, but no real conclusion, but maybe the injector stuck open (would cause a low pressure fault, but so would other things.

Note that the tank heaters are to keep the adblue from freezing -11C. If the tank is in heating mode the pump is not supposed to run as it may be frozen. Would cause low pressure fault.

On the fault code P20F6, I have seen this as "Denox System circuit fault" on Peugeot based websites or on more generic was as "Reductant Injection Valve Stuck Open". So I'm unsure if it is actually the injection valve on Peugeot.

Note that for some of the faults for the Denox system, these are not shown until the engine is up to temperature (coolant 80C), so about 5 miles for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Me again... someone just messaged to say they had the same issue, but turned out to be an issue with the additive tank rather than the adblue tank. Any idea how I might be able to work out which one might be the problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Denox system (which uses eurea, also known as Adblue (registered trade name)) sprays the eurea on to the catalytic converter in the exhaust system to reduce the nitrous oxides (Nox) that contribute to air pollution. Also know more generically as a "reductant" system (Peugeot/Citron name for this is Denox). The fault P20E8 description refers to "Denox", or if using a non-Peugeot generic reader "reductant". The car will also displays the "eurea" dash warning.

The additive system (separate tank and pump ) injects Eolys directly into the diesel tank after refuelling. This additive then helps the soot caught in the dpf to burn off during a regeneration. So it has different fault codes. These would have in the description "additive" and would generally show up on the dash as some sort of dpf warning. If this system stops, it can lead to clogging of the dpf.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Denox system (which uses eurea, also known as Adblue (registered trade name)) sprays the eurea on to the catalytic converter in the exhaust system to reduce the nitrous oxides (Nox) that contribute to air pollution. Also know more generically as a "reductant" system (Peugeot/Citron name for this is Denox). The fault P20E8 description refers to "Denox", or if using a non-Peugeot generic reader "reductant". The car will also displays the "eurea" dash warning.

The additive system (separate tank and pump ) injects Eolys directly into the diesel tank after refuelling. This additive then helps the soot caught in the dpf to burn off during a regeneration. So it has different fault codes. These would have in the description "additive" and would generally show up on the dash as some sort of dpf warning. If this system stops, it can lead to clogging of the dpf.
Oh cool. So basically it would result in a different error code! Cool. I was feeling really confident it was the Adblue tank, and then this other post made me start questioning that!!! I'm back to believing it's the adblue tank!

·
Registered
262 Posts
So FAP pump is pretty common failure too. There will be one big difference : no milage count down and more error codes (including 20E8) which the o2 sensor fire about the soot build up.
The good news: the FAP tank cost much less than urea tank.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So FAP pump is pretty common failure too. There will be one big difference : no milage count down and more error codes (including 20E8) which the o2 sensor fire about the soot build up.
The good news: the tank cost much less than urea tank.
I don't have a milage count down on my errors. I drive for 5km, then the engine error light comes on, then the 1 km later the emissions light comes on. This is the report I get from my reader.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Peugeot

============1==============
P20E8
Raw code: 20E8
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Reductant pressure - pressure too low

============2==============
U3FFF(FF)
Raw code: FFFFFF
ECU: Engine control unit#3[Archive (inactive)]

============3==============
P20E8(00)
Raw code: 20E800
ECU: Engine control unit#3
Status: Test failed, Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle, Warning indicator requested

============4==============
P3054(00)
Raw code: 305400
ECU: Engine control unit#3[Archive (inactive)]
Status: Confirmed, Test not completed during this operation cycle

============5==============
U3FFF(FF)
Raw code: FFFFFF
ECU: Engine control unit#4[Archive (inactive)]

============6==============
P20E8(00)
Raw code: 20E800
ECU: Engine control unit#4
Status: Test failed, Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle, Warning indicator requested

============7==============
P3054(00)
Raw code: 305400
ECU: Engine control unit#4[Archive (inactive)]
Status: Confirmed, Test not completed during this operation cycle

============8==============
P0562
Raw code: 0562
ECU: Power steering
Status: Pending fault present during this driving cycle, Test conditions are met, Test is inhibited by other DTC, Test has not been completed
OBDII: System voltage - low

============9==============
U1118(87)
Raw code: D11887
ECU: ABS[Archive (inactive)]

============10==============
U1218(81)
Raw code: D21881

============11==============
C1545(00)
Raw code: 554500

============12==============
C156D(62)
Raw code: 556D62
Status: Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle

============13==============
U1000(00)
Raw code: D00000
OBDII: Class 2 Communication Malfunction

============14==============
U2213(88)
Raw code: E21388

============15==============
C1638(61)
Raw code: 563861
Status: Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle

============16==============
P0560(16)
Raw code: 056016
OBDII: System voltage - malfunction

·
Registered
1 Posts
This forum just saved me £1000. Last week I received the formentioned service alarm and adblue fault along with the count down from 700 miles on my 2017 spacetourer (peugeot traveller). Called my not so local citereon dealer who would not even confirm they were aware of the extended warranty on the adblue tank until they carried out checks with their own equipment. I'm mention that there had been a TSB by PSA and also mentioned guided support. Once they checked the car they agreed that citereon would cover the cost of the tank and I would only have to pay for the labour (£175).
Just had it replaced today and all faults are now clear.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi. Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, a huge amount of information and knowledge in here! I think I've read every post, but I wanted to get views on what's happened to my car to see if I have the dreaded failed pump issue.

Car is a 2016 Peugeot 3008 16 blue HDi with just under 50,000 miles. It has the 'new' cap and this was there when I bought the car at 28,0000 miles. A couple of weeks ago the Urea 1500 mile warning came on. I made a mental note to buy some adblue the following day, but had a long journey so planned to do it as I came home.

On my journey home, in torrential rain, speeds were down to 40mph on the motorway, suddenly I had the engine fault light came on, the emissions control fault and lots of grey smoke coming out of the back. I drove another 3 miles to the nearest services. Stopped and checked the error codes. There were about 10, but unfortunately at this point I didn't write them down, however P20E8 was one of them.

As the adblue level was low anyway, I bought 10l and topped up. In filling up I noticed the base of the boot was warm to touch. I cleared the faults and started again. Within a few miles emissions fault came up again with the engine warning light. I stopped once more, there was still some grey smoke with the only fault code being P20E8. Cleared fault again and drove the remaining 10 miles home with the fault, engine warning etc coming on again after a couple of miles.

While trying to work out the issue and reading this thread I've left the car for a few days. I took it out this evening and didn't receive an emissions or engine fault light and no warning on the Urea. The car stinks however and the emissions are clearly really bad. No grey soke now, but on revving while stationary the exhaust is staining the tarmac.

I rechecked for fault codes and this time the only code is P2OF6.

If you've got this far, thanks very much for reading! Questions are:

1. Have other people had grey smoke and/or a hot boot with this issue?
2. Does the change in the fault code mean it's more likely to be the injector rather than the tank?

Many thanks in advance. I'm hoping to be forearmed with as much knowledge before I either approach a Peugeot mechanic or start pulling it apart myself!
have you had the Nox Sensor checked?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow... What a list of error codes... Steering, abs . Christmas tree.
All in one car ?
I'm not really sure it's your urea pump. Have some french workshop do a proper diagnostics with an original diagbox. test all components under the car floor

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ha, yes there were lots of error messages. The person who did the test said all the ones that say [Archive (inactive)] can be ignored. Which is pretty much all of them except the P20E8 code. Does make me worry though if I should just do a quick fix regarding the urea issue and p/x the car for a different model!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ha, yes there were lots of error messages. The person who did the test said all the ones that say [Archive (inactive)] can be ignored. Which is pretty much all of them except the P20E8 code. Does make me worry though if I should just do a quick fix regarding the urea issue and p/x the car for a different model!!
Hi i had the same issue with RAC who carried out the check said i had loads of codes cleared them all except the P2OE8 relating to pressure in AdBlue tank i removed cap and took tiny filter out drove around and guess what the error code went that was 3 weeks ago so far so good

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quick question, does anyone know the part number for just the pump? I assume Peugeot don't release this information but thought I'd just ask.

·
Registered
817 Posts
There is no part number. Only the whole tank is sold. And from what I understand, pump is almost never dead, it is some electronic part that dies.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good afternoon,
In Spain we are having the same problems, in my case my car is 5,1 years old and finally I will change my Ad Blue tank for 340€ all. This is a fabrication defect and Peugeot had to pay for it, not us. Here it's our web page: INICIO
That is great! I hope other's will follow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The good news: the FAP tank cost much less than urea tank.
Wray would the product code be for the fap tank for the Peugeot 308sw 16 reg? This sounds exactly like what is happening.

561 - 580 of 623 Posts