Peugeot Forums banner

361 - 380 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Just sell it and get a new one with a Puretech petrol engine. Then you can have the pleasure of the timing belt running in oil and shedding rubber which clogs the oilways, ending up with a dead engine. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds a great design! I'll most likely get another Honda next, may go back to BMW or try an Audi. I know the German motors have their snags but I think Honda have pretty much nailed it. Once they stop making their interiors out of the worlds cheapest hardest plastic other people may try Honda too.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just sell it and get a new one with a Puretech petrol engine. Then you can have the pleasure of the timing belt running in oil and shedding rubber which clogs the oilways, ending up with a dead engine. 🤣🤣
Don't bother with the Puretech either, as when the valves coke up at 34k miles even with a full Peugeot main dealer service history, you & your friendly main dealer then have to fight Peugeot customer services to get Peugeot to pay for it - known design fault.

This is my last PSA product ( 5 in 22 years ) - ill just get a Toyota via my work discount next time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
comment of the month ! :LOL:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Don't bother with the Puretech either, as when the valves coke up at 34k miles even with a full Peugeot main dealer service history, you & your friendly main dealer then have to fight Peugeot customer services to get Peugeot to pay for it - known design fault.
See my post on Peugeot after sales in General. Friend of mine has a Mazda diesel estate, now 7 (seven) years old. It suddenly went lumpy at low revs. Diagnosed as carbon buildup. Mazda paid for it to be cleaned, the EGR valve to be replaced and the MAF sensor to be replaced. No arguments, they just paid the whole thing. Compare that with Peugeot.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Well fingers crossed I won't have to contact Peugeot customer ( lack of ) service again during the rest of my 308 ownership.

It will be a Toyota next time - might as well make use of my discount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, wonderful reading, great thread. I have code P20E8, the warning triangle and UREA light on.

I've removed the o ring in the cap and now it can breathe, reset the code but it keeps coming back.

I've been quoted £900 for a tank on evilbay OEM item.

I'm wondering should I get diagnostics done est £100 before buying the tank?

Will the new tank require coding to the car? If so can I fit it on the road outside the Stealership and drive it in or will it not run? If so I'm probably bound by using them.

Anyone who knows someone close-ish to Yeovil who can look at the motor please give me a shout. I am happy to fit the new tank but also happy to pay for fitting if someone can do diagnostics etc.

Many thanks.
Mate, i just had the same 2 weeks ago. Renewed the injector thinking (hoping) that was the problem but no... duff pump so new tank at £910 delivered. Went to the local dealer first who informed me they had 5 replaced last week and had 4 on back order with no ETA with an estimated cost of £1300 so I sourced my own from a dealer in Swindon and got a mate to fit. Absolute scandal that Peugeot Know they have a design problem but all down to owner if out of warranty. Why not have a replaceable pump, hardly helping to save the planet having to replace a huge lump of plastic every 40,000 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, wonderful reading, great thread. I have code P20E8, the warning triangle and UREA light on.

I've removed the o ring in the cap and now it can breathe, reset the code but it keeps coming back.

I've been quoted £900 for a tank on evilbay OEM item.

I'm wondering should I get diagnostics done est £100 before buying the tank?

Will the new tank require coding to the car? If so can I fit it on the road outside the Stealership and drive it in or will it not run? If so I'm probably bound by using them.

Anyone who knows someone close-ish to Yeovil who can look at the motor please give me a shout. I am happy to fit the new tank but also happy to pay for fitting if someone can do diagnostics etc.

Many thanks.
I got a genuine tank from Fish Brothers in Swindon and after hunting around the UK they were the best price, and they will deliver.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
It would appear from earlier posts in this topic, that Vauxhall use the same pump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my tank off and pump out today so if I need to do it at the side of the road then I can to facilitate coding of the new pump.

I may try the Vauxhall part idea as it would be an easy thing to swap just the pump.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pump sku does appear to correlate to multiple marques including Citroen, Vauxhall/Opel. Used units look to retail for 200-300 Euro

Bottom number references the plastic of construction, glass fibre reinforced polyamide

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Oligo, useful to know. When I looked on evilbay last night I couldn't see any for sale for sensible money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, ive left it until now as I didnt know which way it was going to swing for me.
Ive got a March 2017 registered 308 1.6 HDI GT Line with 74k miles on, 2 weeks ago the dreaded UREA light and SERVICE light came on with a large centre display showing that I had a UREA tank support. After a few miles I also had the engine management light appear giving me a 700 mile range before the car would not start.
I ran an OBD dongle on the car with flagged up the P20e8 fault.
After my horror and sheer worry about a 4 figure cost I started my research which found me on this forum and I spent several days reading and looking online for the part etc just like many of you have.
Then a post in this forum raised some hope when I read the potential for Peugeot to honour a replacement tank on cars up to 5 years old or 150000km; my car falling below both of those limits I suddenly felt as though things could improve.
I called 5 different named dealers in my area to ask the "hypothetical" cost and process and ultimately ended up with the most helpful that was also the cheapest.The dealer basically said that I would need diagnostics at £106 inc VAT and then they could approach Peugeot UK to see if any assistance was possible.
Armed with my personal fault diagnostics I contacted Peugeot UK to understand their side; they were more than helpful! I supplied the vehicle details explained what I had heard about the 5 year/150000km extended period.
The lady took everything in and promised to call me within 3-5 working days; 4 hours later they called me to firstly state that my car had not been through a dealer diagnostics but if i do take it to a dealer and the dealer did report that the fault is with my pump that the pump would be paid for by Peugeot UK.
Car went to the dealer today and Ive had it reported back that the pump/tank is faulty and will need to be replaced, Peugeot have honoured this and I will be liable for 1 hours labour at £106 plus the diagnostic charge of £106.
I would add that my car does currently have full Peugeot service history (i'm not sure if this is even relevant?)
If you think you are in this category I would strongly advise to follow my process.
Lastly and unfortunately for me, there is no stock of this part and no confirmed ETA!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
For those, like me, who don't understand the adblue system, I found a video on Utube which goes into considerable detail.
The tank featured comes from a PArtner, but the internals wil be the same on all models.

And a surprise to me, the crystallisation is due to cold, not just drying out. Si is the problem here, the car being left to cool down too much in a cold climate?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
And can anyone explain what this person does to remove the Adblue warning after filling the tank?

·
Registered
108 Posts
And can anyone explain what this person does to remove the Adblue warning after filling the tank?
My Dutch could probably do with improvement but it looks like he is removing stored OBD fault codes using this

Not sure why though? Maybe I'm going mad but the UREA warning always disappears for me after filling the tank anyway, no OBD shenanigans needed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
"I think" you can reset the light by turning on ignition for 5+ min without starting car.

Ie sit in motor with phone in hand, insert key.
Turn two clicks so dash illuminates. (Not starting engine)
Set countdown timer on phone 5 min.
After 5 min continue to turn key until engine starts.

I may be wrong but its it's worth a pop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks HPC3,

Good advice. I live in Central Scotland so the water shouldn't be hard. I don't intend to dilute the adblue with it though. But maybe I'll try a little DI water before anything else.
Thanks HPC3,

Good advice. I live in Central Scotland so the water shouldn't be hard. I don't intend to dilute the adblue with it though. But maybe I'll try a little DI water before anything else.
Update: I bought a cheap diagnostic tool and checked the codes myself. I may have posted in the wrong forum thread as it turns out my codes are:

U029D Lost Communication With NOX Sensor A
P2200 NOx Sensor Circuit Bank 1

Looks like my tank could be okay and the suggestion is that it is indeed an issue with the NOx sensor or circuitry. Looking for the best way to replace this. Independent mechanic has confirmed my codes but says it needs to be fitted by main dealer as it has to be registered to the vehicle by Peugeot official system.

Also thinking I might need to get under the car to check the wiring & connections myself, although at my age & fitness level I'd rather not be doing that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Dutch could probably do with improvement but it looks like he is removing stored OBD fault codes using this

Not sure why though? Maybe I'm going mad but the UREA warning always disappears for me after filling the tank anyway, no OBD shenanigans needed?
If an adblue top-up is all that is required and enough is put in, the fault lights and no-start warnings should disappear by themselves. In the video, it looks like the person had to use their diagnostic tool software to delete the error codes, which is odd. They may have extinguished once they started driving anyway.

361 - 380 of 392 Posts