Peugeot Forums banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Go back to post number 66 in this topic, dated August 15th, 2018. By Jonsy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had issues with repeated false urea alarms. Was expecting loom replacement etc. but in fact all it required was a new cap to maintain pressure (under warranty - just!). I would make sure the cap has been considered before any major surgery on the system is undertaken, particularly now you are out of warranty ;)

I am sure they said it was a recall item? Or maybe just done under warranty. I didn't take the car in so can't recall, sorry.... Not sure why you dealer not up to speed on this, but TBH nothing surprises me with these guys :nono:

Sure a cap couldn't be that expensive (could it? :rolleyes:), got to be worth a punt nonetheless :thumb:
Unfortunately I am having the same issue with the P20E8 ona Peugeot 308 (2015) and am about to purchase a replacement cap before I go down the replacement tank route. Has the fault returned once you replaced the cap

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The replacement cap should have been done as a free recall.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Can't tell you anything, apart from the fact that mine was changed as a recall during a service.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Was it an official safety recall OR just a technical service bulliten?

Manufacturers can carry out TSB work if the car comes in for routine service or repair work.

If the car is serviced outside the Peugeot main dealer network it could have missed out on the free rectification work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was on a “quality review programme“ it had been identified that the electrical wiring harness on the Blue HDI diesel emissions control system pump may not be to the correct specification. In order to rectify this it is necessary to replace the harness supplying the pump (taken from the original letter )

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately I am having the same issue with the P20E8 ona Peugeot 308 (2015) and am about to purchase a replacement cap before I go down the replacement tank route. Has the fault returned once you replaced the cap
Nope, been as good as gold since, no issues at all (y)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for that, I have ordered the new cap which should be here today Hopefully it will solve the problem.
Fingers crossed, the cheapest, less complex solution is always the preferred path forward...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cap will not solve the problem. Mine was changed early but I had the problem. By my opinion its not problem with the cap it is problem with Urea and cristalization. In addition when I inspect that new cap it was clogged so I remove white foil from it. Last I heard that urea should be pumped out (dont know other way to empty the tank), and water shoul be poured inside for 24h. After that water must be pumped out and tank shoil be filled with new Urea.

At the moment I dont have error (tnx to hammer) but will see in a future what action will be done :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's not crystalization.i mean, it might but that's rare. Most common reason is a ventilation problem causing reversed pressure. Thus explain why cap need to be replaced

·
Registered
132 Posts
By info that I have its not rare, and in new tanks it is the same problem so cap is not an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried the replacement cap and got the lights turned off, unfortunately after 3 miles they lit back up like a christmas tree. So looks like I will have to bite the bullet and fork out for a new tank.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts