Peugeot Forums banner

261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Mike, it really wasn't too bad a job and certainly save me a load of cash. Just hope this one lasts longer. It would be good to find out what actually goes wrong with the pump assembly. It is possibly only some cheap component which could be replaced. To think a new tank is £900 odd!!!

One point worth mentioning (which I only noticed when I'd got the tank off) is that there seems to be a drain plug on the back right side of the tank. it would have been much easier to lower an empty tank than one with 17 L of Adblue in. That would be at least 17 Kg (37.5 Lb old money) heavier than empty and the cost of Adblue being so cheap (I bought 10 L from Wilko for £10).

If anyone has any questions I'm only too happy to answer them if I can. More power to the DIYers!!
Hi there I read with interest I have same problem on my 2016 berlingo I changed nox sensor thinking it would solve emissions control fault but 70 miles later the urea light back on maybe it's the take that's the problem have you completely solved your problem of this ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
car: Peugeot 308 SW (2015) 1.6 BlueHDI BlueLease Pack; 192.000km;
after cleaning the diesel particulate filter there is an error P20E8 noticed;

Diagnose from a local (no dealer)garage in the Netherlands: AdBlue tank needs to be replaced; price €1100,- (price for this same repair in a local Peugeot dealer garage: ~€1500,-)

I have contacted Peugeot Nederland; (about AdBlue tank issue and also creaking rear axle; also "known issue"); answer from a Peugeot NL: (translated)

Thank you for your message to Peugeot Customer Service on May 11 asking for information about a known issue.

If there is a manufacturing defect afterwards that parts are not good, a recall is initiated. I have checked this for your vehicle and there is indeed no recall open. This means that you can assume that there are no parts in your vehicle that need to be replaced due to a manufacturing defect.

As for the burden of a creaky rear axle, I would recommend that you contact one of our authorized dealers. With their expertise, they are the right people to propose a correct diagnosis here. If they discover a defect that may be linked to a manufacturing defect, they can again report this to Peugeot Netherlands.

Trusting to be of service to you with this.
So, I think there is nothing we can do, Peugeot will not do anything with this issue... There is so many people with this problem, it's really bad for the imago of Peugeot. I was a fan but now I'm not so sure anymore..

================
UPDATE 20-05-2020: AdBlue tank has been replaced by a local garage; price €1100,-

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi,

I had problem with Adblue last week. First Adblue light and service light switched on, and after 50 km engine fault light switched on. The day after I had a trip and Adblue light start blinking and on matrix there was 1100 km warning. So after 300 km I went to Peugeot garage to see what is the problem (I knew that it was enough Adblue in a tank). Of course I hoped that it wasn't a problem with a tank. After they did diagnostic they said it is a common problem and that thank should be replaced. As car has more than 5 years Peugeot will not cover any expense even it has only 60k km. I asked them if they can erase mistakes to see if maybe problem was just temporally but after few km lamp (adblue+service) switched on again. So, I asked on another forum what are my solutions and one guy told me that I should beat the tank with rubber hammer because there is a known problem with crystallisation that disrupt pump operation. So i beat the tank (it is on back of a car beside right wheel), and even the cap was changed I disassembled the lid and pierced the white foil to make the pressure regulation better. After that I drove 20 km and first Adblue turned off, and after some time engine lamp gone off. After that I drive around 400 km without problem. Will see in a future what will happen :)

I hope someone will help my experience... Best to all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I had problem with Adblue last week. First Adblue light and service light switched on, and after 50 km engine fault light switched on. The day after I had a trip and Adblue light start blinking and on matrix there was 1100 km warning. So after 300 km I went to Peugeot garage to see what is the problem (I knew that it was enough Adblue in a tank). Of course I hoped that it wasn't a problem with a tank. After they did diagnostic they said it is a common problem and that thank should be replaced. As car has more than 5 years Peugeot will not cover any expense even it has only 60k km. I asked them if they can erase mistakes to see if maybe problem was just temporally but after few km lamp (adblue+service) switched on again. So, I asked on another forum what are my solutions and one guy told me that I should beat the tank with rubber hammer because there is a known problem with crystallisation that disrupt pump operation. So i beat the tank (it is on back of a car beside right wheel), and even the cap was changed I disassembled the lid and pierced the white foil to make the pressure regulation better. After that I drove 20 km and first Adblue turned off, and after some time engine lamp gone off. After that I drive around 400 km without problem. Will see in a future what will happen :)

I hope someone will help my experience... Best to all!
Please keep us informed! :oops:
Maybe I could save my €1100 :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 308
Just topped up the son's car with 10ltrs when the warning light came on and now it won't reset. He's had it about 8 months. He has extended warranty so it's off to the dealers and hopefully covered if it needs work doing. But they want £60 to diagnose the fault

·
Registered
40 Posts
To reset the UREA warning after you've performed an UREA top up. You turn the ignition on BUT don't start the engine, wait 10 seconds for the new ADBLUE level to be recognised and then start the engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
what is the situation of this?
are new 1,5hdi still problematic?
is this problem related only to boot filler tanks ?

new 1,5 are reliable in general? or there are other problems? i never had a diesel though

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well I spoke withe service and they said that even I change tank with the new one they can't say it wont happen again. For me this is last diesel, next will be plug in hybrid or petrol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello

I'm having the same problem and they told me that sometimes it's the adblue calculator in the tank that requires a software update

·
Registered
200 Posts
Partially true : when you upgrade the tank you must do a software upgrade. There is no simple software fix for the old tank. It will die , just matter of time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you. Did not know. So maybe I have to replace the full tank :(
Let's see what peugeot says

·
Registered
132 Posts
Partially true : when you upgrade the tank you must do a software upgrade. There is no simple software fix for the old tank. It will die , just matter of time.
Based on info I got, sometimes it helps. What is worst than old tank can die, is that even new tank can have same problem and die...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone

Just left the car at Peugeot
Let's see the answer
BTW it's normal that I have to pay the diagnosis? They want 57.20€ for it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Everyone
Peugeot says that it's a problem with the Tank and the Injector,to what I do not believe
I made a complaint to see if they pay the repair or half of the repair has they have done in some cases here in Portugal
If they do not solve the problem, I have found a guy in Leiria that solves the problem for 250€, takes 2h and gives 3 months warranty. I have read many comments and they say that the fix is permanent and they do not had any more problems and made more than 2000km after that

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello Everyone
Peugeot says that it's a problem with the Tank and the Injector,to what I do not believe
I made a complaint to see if they pay the repair or half of the repair has they have done in some cases here in Portugal
If they do not solve the problem, I have found a guy in Leiria that solves the problem for 250€, takes 2h and gives 3 months warranty. I have read many comments and they say that the fix is permanent and they do not had any more problems and made more than 2000km after that
Keep us updated. I am interested what guy from Leiria does. Ad-blue off or?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Andro

When I discovered the add, I also got curious
I talked with him and he explained me that he removes the eletronics board of the adblue tank and replaces it, it a used one repaired by him. For what he told and I have been discovering from other persons I have been talking to, the problem usually is a sensor in the eletronics board that malfunctions and causes this errors

He works in 2 ways
You schedule an intervention with him, takes 2h and he tests the car with you to make sure it does not have the problem again - cost 250€
Or
You send him the eletronics board or complete adblue tank and he repairs it - cost 200€, but in this case, all the shipping costs are to you and is also required to telecode the new part to your car and for what he told me he cannot do it without your car

In my case, if Peugeot does not assume the cost, I will make the trip to Leiria, since it's 150km +/- from where I live in Porto

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
There was a detailed description posted here of a repair to the pump and board in the Adblue tank. Maybe last year? Worth a search.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts