Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don’t suppose anyone would happen to have a schematic diagram of the Peugeot 207 BSM (PSF) under-bonnet fusebox do they? I think I have narrowed my fault down to power not getting to the interior BSI unit via the BSM in the engine compartment. BSM Fuse 13 (40A) is the one which supples the BSI and it is fine - there is just no voltage on either side of it! So I’m guessing that there is an internal relay which has gone kaput.

I know it would be a lot easier to just buy a replacement unit but I do love a challenge..!

Many thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
695 Posts
To get the right diagram i seem to need this info as when i pick random engines it comes out with different diagrams,so not sure the ones i posted are right for your car.

2,3 or 5 door?
LHD or RHD?
engine that is fitted?
gearbox-BVM5.BVM6 or AL4?

ESP,ESP+SSP or no ESP?
ABS OR NO ABS?

Pain the behind this sedre wiring program at times :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found the problem!!

It was indeed the PSF module (broken track to Relay 6) so many thanks for your help Terry...and everyone else who offered advice on this thread. What a great bunch!

Martin ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have found the problem!!

It was indeed the PSF module (broken track to Relay 6) so many thanks for your help Terry...and everyone else who offered advice on this thread. What a great bunch!

Martin ?
Hello!

I have som issues with my 207, with non working blower fan in the car.

I think the issue is in the fusebox, same as you.. Since i only got 3,6V on the fuse though its intact..

Do you have any pictures? I opened the box of the car but I only saw white relays and everything around covered in black plastic?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

No I’ve not got any pictures but basically I used a dremel to carefully remove the whole plastic base of the PSF unit which then exposes the piggy-backed pcb’s. Waste of time trying to peel away the rubber moulding!

If you get that far successfully, then you can (again, carefully) jemmy apart the two pcb's with a large flat blade screwdriver, put aside the electronics pcb and expose the back of the relay/fuse pcb. Then the fun starts working out where the damaged track is...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

No I’ve not got any pictures but basically I used a dremel to carefully remove the whole plastic base of the PSF unit which then exposes the piggy-backed pcb’s. Waste of time trying to peel away the rubber moulding!

If you get that far successfully, then you can (again, carefully) jemmy apart the two pcb's with a large flat blade screwdriver, put aside the electronics pcb and expose the back of the relay/fuse pcb. Then the fun starts working out where the damaged track is...
Thank you for answer, sounds very hard.. but my guess the issue should be in this fusebox..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

http://i63.tinypic.com/zv5vg7.jpg

The black rubber is tough .. leaning towards ordering a used unit... I think some relay is fryed.

It says BSM-L04 on my unit.. Is that all I have to match or is there something more??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update!!

I went and bought some cutting disks for my dremel replica.

Success! lid is open.

Pried carefully the boards apart, sadly I did not see any damage to the board. So i suspected the relay, I tried with wires from the battery and the relay was fine.. Maybe jammed or something, because after assembly I got 12V on the fuse instead of 3V. I resoldered all the connections to the relay.

I melted the box back together using the soldering iron. :thumb:

Well at last the fan is working again, but if it dies again at least I know where the issue probably is..

Just wanted to share some pictures for you :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts