Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just wondered if you can help. I keep getting these error messages, after say 3 miles I then get the esp/asr light & limp mode, errors come back after deleting, im assuming its a new DPF, but before I get one, is there anything else to look for...............its a 2002, 307 2.0 HDI (RHS engine)
Turn off & on again and all ok for a few miles. Thanks in advance

·
11,775 Posts
Yep:

P1447

ELC system closure valve Flow fault
EDC15C2 - PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect. / PEF: Particle emission filter. Clogged particle filter.

P1448

ELC system 2 fault
EDC15C2 PEF: Particulate emission filter overloaded.

But a new filter won't sort it, just like wallpaper won't sort out subsidence and cracks in a house walls!

You need to get a diagnostic to make sure the other components instrumental in the DPF cleaning are working fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gibbo, appreciate the reply, Just wondered about the diagnostic. Could you add to that. Everything looks connected (been on ramp) eloys tank full, no issues there or any other codes. Have reset counters shows DPF replaced and fault still comes back 1447 immediate, 1448 (once driven)

I was thinking of getting Differential valve replaced, however when reved can see the sensor working (think it was MMH values, not sure - But on idle it was 0.00)

I have just bought Diagbox, as everyone raves about it. Any suggestions on a starting point would be great (was thinking sensor first as cheapest than DPF) ??? What do you think??

Regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thanks for your input. I have changed the sensor. It seems better but still have 2 errors.
I used Planet to force a regen (scared the shit out of me!!:eek:)
That came back as failed.
I havent had the limp mode but get these 2 faults:

INTERMITTANT FAULT: PARTICLE FILTER. CLOGGED PARTICLE FILTER
INTERMITTENT FAULT: PARTICULATE EMISSION FILTER OVERLOADED.

What do you guys reckon now - run it see how we get on, or just replace the DPF? Appreciate your thoughts.

·
11,775 Posts
Before spending money on a new filter I'd check on Planet that the other parts of the regeneration system are working OK.

Glow plugs, plug relays, radiator fan, relays and wiring loom are all instrumental.

It may be that you can open up and pressure wash your existing DPF.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, any guidance in how to do that at all? Ive run a global scan, and the above is all that comes up, thanks

·
11,775 Posts
Yes, you can check parts in each scan section.

Do your scan then click on the relevant section (BSI, ECU etc)

Then click on ACTUATORS TEST and test the relays and fan.

Also check the level of additive remaining, like this:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: It was ok for a few weeks, then EML light on, anti-polution, Unblock diesel filter, then ESP/ASR and limp mode. I just replaced the DPF - for £130 its not worth the hassel. Anyway, its mint now - Mine had the original DPF on it. No lights, and it flies now. Loads more pull - DPF was fecked / full. :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my mate has a really good Bosch diagnostic set up, and he did it on there & reset the counters, do you think I still need PP to check? I do have it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to be a pain guys: Im having a nightmare, DPF still shows as clogged, and I can't replace it. Every time I go on config or maintanence I get a choice of 2 filter types: It then gives me the cant communicate crap message back. Any help/ assistance. Walk thru?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts