Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi (DV6C), Reg. 01/2013, with holly 221400 km on clock.
Sorry if I doubling this subject, but I couldn't find any clear answer so far.
I got P1435 and P1434 fault codes after my recent diesel fill up, plus there were P1445 fault as well, but I cleared that by tricking ECU that there is new DPF fitted.
There are following BSI faults as well:
040A - Oil gauge fault (I don't even have one)
003D - absence of communication with the hans-free kit ECU or nomad control unit (whats that? Phone works fine through Bluetooth)
0EB3 - diesel additive pump control

Each time I start the engine, it welcomes me with message "Engine fault. Repair needed".

Whats done so far:
Eolys is topped up, but managed to put just about 1.1 litre. Is that a Max capacity of tank?
Fuses checked, but there are no clear indications which fuse guards diesel additive pump.
Before I place new DPF, which sits in the corner of garage, I want get to the bottom of this issue and short all possible electrical issues.
After reading some topic here, I done Fuel cap test. I did remove cap and started car, but there are no warning message that fuel cap is misplace or removed. So I believe there are no signal going through to Main ECU when I filling up and Pug thinks that I don't fill up even if I do.

Questions:
Is there separate Diesel fuel additive ECU unit (box) Or is it integrated in Engine ECU as chip?
How to test and where to check fuel cap sensor?
How to test Additive tank pump if it works?
Which fuse guards Diesel fuel additive ECU or pump itself?
How to reset additive counters on Peugeot Planet as going on Monday to visit guy who is equipped with PP2000?

If anyone here actually get to bottom of these codes, all help and advice will be much appreciated and when I will fix it, we can make kind of full guide what and where to look.

Thank you in advance!

Elmo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update!

P1434, P1435 and 0EB3 fault codes sorted.
Faults has been resolved by replacing New Fuel Additive Tank - part Nr. 16 063 402 80
Using OBD II said that new tank has been installed and above errors disappeared.

I didn't through out faulty old one, but took it to dismantle.
1st of all - I was pissed off that Peugeot - Citroen (PSA) push me to by whole container, when pump is easy removable from tray.
Adding images how it looks below.
As you can see - Pump ECU and Pump itself is in same location.
However - disconnected and tested pump unit separately and it works as charm. Power ON - OFF and spitting like devil :LOL:
From here I see that (as I assumed it before), there is pump ECU fault.
Unfortunately I am little short of knowledge about PCB's so may be some resistor has failed. But it is also may be chip (you can see in image) which has to be reseted and it could work as new. But know idea, if it is possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I have Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDi (DV6C), Reg. 01/2013, with holly 221400 km on clock.
Sorry if I doubling this subject, but I couldn't find any clear answer so far.
I got P1435 and P1434 fault codes after my recent diesel fill up, plus there were P1445 fault as well, but I cleared that by tricking ECU that there is new DPF fitted.
There are following BSI faults as well:
040A - Oil gauge fault (I don't even have one)
003D - absence of communication with the hans-free kit ECU or nomad control unit (whats that? Phone works fine through Bluetooth)
0EB3 - diesel additive pump control

Each time I start the engine, it welcomes me with message "Engine fault. Repair needed".

Whats done so far:
Eolys is topped up, but managed to put just about 1.1 litre. Is that a Max capacity of tank?
Fuses checked, but there are no clear indications which fuse guards diesel additive pump.
Before I place new DPF, which sits in the corner of garage, I want get to the bottom of this issue and short all possible electrical issues.
After reading some topic here, I done Fuel cap test. I did remove cap and started car, but there are no warning message that fuel cap is misplace or removed. So I believe there are no signal going through to Main ECU when I filling up and Pug thinks that I don't fill up even if I do.

Questions:
Is there separate Diesel fuel additive ECU unit (box) Or is it integrated in Engine ECU as chip?
How to test and where to check fuel cap sensor?
How to test Additive tank pump if it works?
Which fuse guards Diesel fuel additive ECU or pump itself?
How to reset additive counters on Peugeot Planet as going on Monday to visit guy who is equipped with PP2000?

If anyone here actually get to bottom of these codes, all help and advice will be much appreciated and when I will fix it, we can make kind of full guide what and where to look.

Thank you in advance!

Elmo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
i took my Peugeot 308 to garage and he showed me the fault code but they were too busy to rectify the fault p1434 and p1435
Would someone let me know please what OBD2 I need to use to see these fault codes also i see on utube one can reprogram the ecu to say it has a new pump then this fault clears away but i need to know which OBD2 to buy
i will appriciate your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
i took my Peugeot 308 to garage and he showed me the fault code but they were too busy to rectify the fault p1434 and p1435
Would someone let me know please what OBD2 I need to use to see these fault codes also i see on utube one can reprogram the ecu to say it has a new pump then this fault clears away but i need to know which OBD2 to buy
i will appriciate your help
Hi,
I bought OBD2 reader from Amazon (can give exact model later) and installed App on iPhone to read the codes purely for acknowledgment of error codes and then done digging in web for solutions.
After going through lot of forums and videos and trying clear errors with Peugeot Planet I did end up with not very unique solution changing of additive tank. I took it new from dealers parts shop and it cost me less than in any other parts trader.
When I dismantled old one, I get a bit pissed off as pump is really easy detachable and have no clue why it’s not been sold separately. By the way, I found one OEM manufacturer in Portugal which is selling that pump separately. I didn’t went that way as I was not keen to wait for delivery.
At the end, when new additive tray is filled and installed, drop of error codes must be done. If you have error massages about DPF, buy one of those cleaners which you can spray between catalic and dpf, follow the instructions and then say through computer that new dpf installed. I have mate who borrowed me tablet with proper diagnostic soft on it. :)
Drop a message if you need more details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update!

P1434, P1435 and 0EB3 fault codes sorted.
Faults has been resolved by replacing New Fuel Additive Tank - part Nr. 16 063 402 80
Using OBD II said that new tank has been installed and above errors disappeared.

I didn't through out faulty old one, but took it to dismantle.
1st of all - I was pissed off that Peugeot - Citroen (PSA) push me to by whole container, when pump is easy removable from tray.
Adding images how it looks below.
As you can see - Pump ECU and Pump itself is in same location.
However - disconnected and tested pump unit separately and it works as charm. Power ON - OFF and spitting like devil :LOL:
From here I see that (as I assumed it before), there is pump ECU fault.
Unfortunately I am little short of knowledge about PCB's so may be some resistor has failed. But it is also may be chip (you can see in image) which has to be reseted and it could work as new. But know idea, if it is possible.
Hi mate i got the same problem with my car. Mine is 308 sw 1.6 diesel. Do you think you given a part number is this part will fit my car ?
Please let me know thank you so much mate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mate i got the same problem with my car. Mine is 308 sw 1.6 diesel. Do you think you given a part number is this part will fit my car ?
Please let me know thank you so much mate
Hi mate,
Tanks differ in shape and some even have bag instead. What year is your 308SW? I can take a look what part Nr is for your one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jazim,
I see you "BlueHDI". Your Pug doesn't use Eolys additive, but AdBlue instead. Take a look to this video -
Has no sound, but he shows where to fill it. Only think then after you need to reset level on computer.
Let me know if that is what your car have?
Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jazim,
I see you "BlueHDI". Your Pug doesn't use Eolys additive, but AdBlue instead. Take a look to this video -
Has no sound, but he shows where to fill it. Only think then after you need to reset level on computer.
Regards
Hi Jazim,
Regards
Hi elmo
Thank you for the reply. I know it got adBlue and its normally different light comes on for that. I will have look. If you got any update please let me know.
Thanks for help
Hi Jazim,
Regards
Hi elmo
Thanks for reply. I know about adBlue i have topped it up. I think does have dpf additive too. Got to find out more. May be i will call the Peugeot and see if the can find the part number for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jazim,
Regards
That vehicle has a Urea (Adblue ) tank and diesel additive tank .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I bought OBD2 reader from Amazon (can give exact model later) and installed App on iPhone to read the codes purely for acknowledgment of error codes and then done digging in web for solutions.
After going through lot of forums and videos and trying clear errors with Peugeot Planet I did end up with not very unique solution changing of additive tank. I took it new from dealers parts shop and it cost me less than in any other parts trader.
When I dismantled old one, I get a bit pissed off as pump is really easy detachable and have no clue why it’s not been sold separately. By the way, I found one OEM manufacturer in Portugal which is selling that pump separately. I didn’t went that way as I was not keen to wait for delivery.
At the end, when new additive tray is filled and installed, drop of error codes must be done. If you have error massages about DPF, buy one of those cleaners which you can spray between catalic and dpf, follow the instructions and then say through computer that new dpf installed. I have mate who borrowed me tablet with proper diagnostic soft on it. :)
Drop a message if you need more details.
HI,

OEM manufacturer in Portugal which is selling that pump separately. Link please. I need to change pump too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts