Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I ran a diagnostic using Diagbox on my Peugeot 207 GT THP 150 2007 (51k miles), I got this fault code that I hadn't seen before.

The only thing I can think of what might have caused it is I have a aftermarket pod filter and crankcase filter, am I right in guessing that? I don't remember seeing this fault appear before then when I first got the car.

Or is it carbon deposits and I should get a walnut blast?

P1395 : super knock detection
Characterisation : Not characterised
Variables associated with the fault
Engine speed : 1932 rpm
engine coolant temperature : 87 °C
vehicle speed : 66 kph
inlet manifold pressure : 1590 mBar
richness regulation status : closed loop
calculated load value (refilling) : 93 %
rapid mixture correction (row 1) : 4 %
slow mixture correction (row 1) : -2 %

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank-you in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just some extra information, since my ownership in January I've filled up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ almost every time (except this week and last week I had to fill up with normal BP petrol)

The car had a full service a week ago, but no plugs changed.

The oil in the car is 5w30

Also the timing chain and high pressure fuel pump were changed less than 10k miles ago

·
6,431 Posts
carbon build up on valves can cause this issue. Also worth checking with a dealer if its had ecu software update as some models had a software upgrade to address super knock issues.

The other common causes you have done ie timing chain and HP pump

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I'll look into getting the valves inspected to see if theres a build up, do you think me installing an aftermarket pod filter and crankcase breather filter would of thrown that code up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carbon build up on valves can cause this issue. Also worth checking with a dealer if its had ecu software update as some models had a software upgrade to address super knock issues.

The other common causes you have done ie timing chain and HP pump
I now have my car booked in to be walnut blasted so hopefully this will fix my problem.

I haven't heard about the ecu software update though.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Who's doing the walnut blast for you? We did my car yesterday and results were brilliant. Wasn't massive build up on mine but is it's heavily modified and tuned I keep engine as fresh as i can always.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's doing the walnut blast for you? We did my car yesterday and results were brilliant. Wasn't massive build up on mine but is it's heavily modified and tuned I keep engine as fresh as i can always.

SP Tuning in Hinckley :) I don't know what kind of build up to expect for a 07 51k miles I hope I feel some improvement I do get some vibrations when cold and some hesitation but no misfires booked in next Friday

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeh Jamie will do a good job there. It will run rough for a minute on start up then the way adjusts the feeling and it's fine.

Here is before and after on mine, we did it ourselves at mates place where he has an outbuilding on the family farm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh Jamie will do a good job there. It will run rough for a minute on start up then the way adjusts the feeling and it's fine.

Here is before and after on mine, we did it ourselves at mates place where he has an outbuilding on the family farm.

Wow! I'll hopefully get some pictures before and after I'll have to ask Jamie, what mileage was your car on when you got this done?

·
Registered
1 Posts

What is a walnut blast? Who can do these? How much does it usually cost?
My car is having this super knock - I've lost power in the car when I drive in first gear and the driving experience is not as smooth as it once was.

Thank you in advance.
Anya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts