Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a warning on my dash "risk of particle filter clogging".
Plugging in a OBD reader I have the following fault codes

P1351
P1351P

I think that P1351 relates to the glow plugs or glow plug replay. Anyone know if it is one of the other?

Does anyone know what P1351P relates to specifically?

I would rather not mess with the glowplugs myself given their position. Can anyone tell me exactly how I go about testing the relay with a multimeter?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The glowplugs are PART of the problem but most HDI engines have this fault and still regenrate you need to get a better diagnosis and look at the DPF/DUST FILTER parameters in more detail to see the real reason as its not JUST the glowplugs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

I have a P1351 code on the 1.6 diesel 407SW which won't start now the cold has arrived. I had the code read. "Pre-heat relay circuit, relay controlled and glow plugs not supplied". I have a low fuel pressure code too but not a hard fault so likely a secondary effect.

The coil light on the dash comes on for the nominated time but the engine does not fire.

I am considering either

(1) swap the relay and see if it fixes it for a quicker fix and a low cost
(2) stripping to test glow plug voyage and resistance.

Anyone have a better / more informed idea that I should try? Having just had my Saab cylinder head to pieces, I could use a quicker fix this time.

Many thanks.
Al

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi all,

I have a P1351 code on the 1.6 diesel 407SW which won't start now the cold has arrived. I had the code read. "Pre-heat relay circuit, relay controlled and glow plugs not supplied". I have a low fuel pressure code too but not a hard fault so likely a secondary effect.

The coil light on the dash comes on for the nominated time but the engine does not fire.

I am considering either

(1) swap the relay and see if it fixes it for a quicker fix and a low cost
(2) stripping to test glow plug voyage and resistance.

Anyone have a better / more informed idea that I should try? Having just had my Saab cylinder head to pieces, I could use a quicker fix this time.

Many thanks.
Al
You really need to have a bit more of a read on the forum.

Glow plugs will NOT stop it starting but low fuel pressure will

You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read of the link below it explains a lot of stuff like how to contact a member with the relevant equipment needed http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts