Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just scanned the car for faults as it is acting funny. From idle, when i press the accelerator pedal, it misfires at 1500 rpm for a second and then it revs normally. Scanned it and this fault P1351 came up. I googled it and it is related to the glow plug relay. Shall I just change the relay or is there more to it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
As reliable says, glow plugs do not affect running.

P1351 is a fault which crops up in many hdi's without there being any fault with glowplugs or relay. Glowplugs do assist with a regen of the particle filter though so best to have them performing. It is not difficult to measure the resistance of each glowplug, should be around 1ohm. Also, easy to test the relay by seeing if it switches in when ignition is turned on. It should switch on briefly.

What diagnostic tool are you using to scan it? Most non-Peugeot tools do not cope with Peugeot scanning so you should preferably get it scanned for codes and live data with PP2000/Diagbox system. Live data will tell you the most about what might be causing the stutter at 1500rpm. Look in the PP map to see if you have anyone near you to help with a decent scan. MAP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks WillNZ. I will try and get hold of someone who uses PP2000. The glow plug light in the instrument panel comes on for 1 second upon ignition and then its out, so its not the glow plug relay or a glow plug itself. But I will use an ohmmeter to check if they are working to be on the safe side.

·
11,835 Posts
Don't forget to clear the code and see if it comes back.

Many people get a diagnostic for an issue, replace the part but never clear the code.

I was buying a car for my dad, querying the BSI log of faults and said to the seller "I notice it had a temperature sensor fault at xxxx miles. Was it replaced?"

He was amazed I could find this stuff out, and showed us the receipt for the replacement! And the date of the receipt tied in nicely with the mileage.

Or the Pug I went to look at where the airbag light was on.

"Oh yeah, it came on when I was hoovering it, I must have knocked the connector", he said.

"Well if you did you've managed to do 4000 miles since you hoovered it last week" I replied

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yesterday i had same code (P1351) for my 2.0 HDI saloon with diagbox. Engine was start for few second and goes off. try to start several times and same result.
Then I just check whether fuses are tighten and sockets near BSI. Next time it was OK.
Did you do some work near fuse box or BSI? ( cleaning...hoovering or other). Just start checking and tightening of fuses and sockets.
It may helpful for you

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Indeed just about every HDi shows the glow plug fault.

I had it when I first got my 407 just over 5 years ago. I got new glow plugs fitted and this fault has been absent until it reappeared last month. Am going to see if new glow plugs cure it again. Apparently they're a bastard to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts