Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All Spark plugs already replaced 23 months ago, On starter test or crank test engine input voltage droped to 7.4V (passed successfully).
I use Autel AL539 scanner and passed successfully "I/M Readiness" test (I assume this test included the sparks).
So, I suspect on Cylinder No.2 Coil or Crankshaft sensor (is it related to EGR?), I will check when timing belt was replaced (car gained 96,000 Km on 12 years).
Car is Peugeot 307/2005 1.6 Petrol, 3 weeks ago the engine starts with 3 Cylinders and Pollution warning light on (MIL on dashboard), after restart engine all well, besides this 2 months ago the car engine shut off while driving :eek: ,after engine restart all well.
Any idea how to start the repair?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Try and get it on Planet. Just a thought, if your getting a misfire then it can only be lack of spark or fuel, check your wire harness to your injectors. And I assume you have already taken the plug out of the suspect cylinder and checked it visually for a spark but if not that's worth a try. If you just randomly dropped a cylinder I can't think what else it could be other than loss of spark supply or a duff injector/ injector power supply.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SlashProm, thanks for your reply, I plan

On this friday to exchange the coils of cylinder 2 and 3, then reconnect the scanner to verify if it's a coil, if it is not - I will replace all 4 spark plugs, If it is not sparks I'll take the car to the garage...

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
You cant swap coils between cylinders its a 1 piece coil pack !

Missfires on this version of engine are often caused by bad injectors not flowing enough fuel or the injector harness goes open circuit

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're right, I was wrong, the spark plugs can be exchanged

I'll replace all coils (one piece module), then move forward to replace all spark plugs, then go to the garage (maybe it is the injector), thank you for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts