Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the airbag light on for a couple of years on my 307 but for the new MOT test I need to switch it off. Ive had it read by a Solus Pro and it gave the function code "P1210 Satellite Right". Has any one had any experience of this? Is this just a fault with the small yellow sensor below the drivers door or is this a fault with an ECU?

S

·
0 Posts
As of last week the airbag was not included in the test.
Pretty sure it is!

edit: actually it looks like airbag faults are advisory only still

check with your garage to confirm but you might get away with it for another year!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
I bought a set a couple of years ago but I wasn't sure if it was the real problem or not and I was afraid to fit them in case I set something off. Is there a specific torque they need to be put on at or is it just a case of good and tight?

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks.
I bought a set a couple of years ago but I wasn't sure if it was the real problem or not and I was afraid to fit them in case I set something off. Is there a specific torque they need to be put on at or is it just a case of good and tight?
I'm not sure of the torque without looking it up. I've only ever nicked them up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have checked the continuity of the two satellite sensors I removed. one is short curcuit and one is open(it gave a short beep then off). Strange that they are both different

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the problem was cured the warning dtc should not be active i assume. I have not had it back on a computer. The airbag ecu hardly needs reset after this warning or would it.

D

·
0 Posts
If the problem was cured the warning dtc should not be active i assume. I have not had it back on a computer. The airbag ecu hardly needs reset after this warning or would it.
Not usually. when the satellites are fitted they faults usually clear. As i said its a common fault.
What fault have you now? Was the car involved in a crash?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not usually. when the satellites are fitted they faults usually clear. As i said its a common fault.
What fault have you now? Was the car involved in a crash?
Its going to be a few days before I get it on a computer but I took the two new sensors I fitted and tested them tonight they are both resistive. The old one I took off the drivers side was a short circuit. so I think it maybe cured if its put on the computer and reset. Well I hoping thats that will happen.

It wasnt in an accident that im aware of but the drivers side was parked on a high curb just before the airbag light came on. So im thinking the extra force of the door closing may have affected the satellite sensor on that side.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Fit them and use Planet/Similar to reset. There should be no need to configure them in ECU settings , should just be a simple erase from memory.

A pot hole can set off the side airbag and satellite sensor if you go into it right , seen it many times , Renault Clio is also very susceptible !

D

·
0 Posts
Fit them and use Planet/Similar to reset. There should be no need to configure them in ECU settings , should just be a simple erase from memory.

A pot hole can set off the side airbag and satellite sensor if you go into it right , seen it many times , Renault Clio is also very susceptible !
Self clearing system. No need to clear. When the light goes out the faults are cleared. If the light is on then there is a problem somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Self clearing system. No need to clear. When the light goes out the faults are cleared. If the light is on then there is a problem somewhere.
The fault did self clear but over the past three years the light has been on the introduction of drivers trigger level 2 open curcuit kept the light on. Thats a new comm 2000 i think :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts