Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I hope this is in the right part of the forum (Newbie). My wife and I both own 307's but we are having a bit of difficulty with hers. It's a 2004 1.4 / 16v XLine. There was a fault indicated with the airbag on the passengers side of the car. We found out the kids had stuffed something under the seat and damaged the wiring so we were able to fix that ok.

After fixing this, the airbag light still remained on. We plugged it into the diagnostics and the original error had cleared however it is now throwing up the code - P0891.

I have searched the hidden depths of the internet to try and find out what this code is and I have found a description for it

'TCM Power Relay Sense Circuit High'

this seems to be a transmission error or else I am missing something.

Has anyone come accross this before? Does anyone know what it is or how to fix it?

D

·
0 Posts
Get a diagnostic check done on Peugeot Diagnostic. The fault description doesn't mean a whole lot being read off a non peugeot system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We only used a basic diagnostic to try and find out what the problem is. We have a guy coming over who deals mainly with airbag systems etc. His diagnostic system is better than the one we used.

If all else fails I will take it to the dealer and have them look at it but they generally charge an arm and a leg even to look at it.

Thanks for the quick reply

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks. We only used a basic diagnostic to try and find out what the problem is. We have a guy coming over who deals mainly with airbag systems etc. His diagnostic system is better than the one we used.

If all else fails I will take it to the dealer and have them look at it but they generally charge an arm and a leg even to look at it.

Thanks for the quick reply
Yes but the dealer will usually know whats wrong first time. Time and money saved as far as I'm concerned. At this stage you've read the fault on a generic code reader you've had to buy, join a forum to find out to no avail and now another fella is coming over to check it out, how do we know he's going to know anything!
The dealer is a one stop shop with all necessary manufacturer backing.
All in all up to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but the dealer will usually know whats wrong first time. Time and money saved as far as I'm concerned. At this stage you've read the fault on a generic code reader you've had to buy, join a forum to find out to no avail and now another fella is coming over to check it out, how do we know he's going to know anything!
The dealer is a one stop shop with all necessary manufacturer backing.
All in all up to you. :thumb:
True, I will try and get it booked in and hopefully get to the bottom of this once and for all

·
5,861 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts