Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

When I start my car, I get rough idling for few seconds and its fine..

I ran a scan this morning and found P0656-Fuel Level Output Circuit Malfunction

any pointers on where I start?

I have already bought a fuel filter which I will change at the weekend. On my travels, I read something about PCM and I have no clue.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any pointers folks?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had almost the same problem. (P1199) I too changed the filter to no avail. What appears to have worked is a strong dose of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge (3 litres in 1/3 tank and half a tank of Shell vpower.
Then riving the arse off it using all the revs. That's the best bit. Really.
My low rail pressure and it's fault code have disappeared, the car sounds a lot smoother and less rattly especially on idle. In the great scheme of things half a tank of Vpower and 5l of LiquiMoly won't break the bank, worth a punt. Start buying new bits and you'll never stop .
Go cheapest first. Good Luck.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scotcruz That's on 2.0HDI, I didn't ask if yours was or was petrol sorry.
Thanks mate.. mine is a 2.2 HDI.

Will give it a go and see how it goes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried the additive and it hasnt worked.

Any other ideas how to fix the P0656 code?

·
6,100 Posts
What are you scanning the car with if it's not planet or diagbox I would be wary of that code as it relates to a fuel gauge error to the engine ecu. It may be a wrong diagnosis for low additive or similar and nothing to do with fuel pressure etc

What are the symptoms light on all the time limp mode etc

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you scanning the car with if it's not planet or diagbox I would be wary of that code as it relates to a fuel gauge error to the engine ecu. It may be a wrong diagnosis for low additive or similar and nothing to do with fuel pressure etc

What are the symptoms light on all the time limp mode etc
I have scanned it using Diagbox, there are no lights or limp mode, just that when I start the car, it rough idles for a few seconds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have scanned it using Diagbox, there are no lights or limp mode, just that when I start the car, it rough idles for a few seconds.
My car does the same (1st start from cold engine) and I don't think there is anything wrong, though there isn't any codes when scanning the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My car does the same (1st start from cold engine) and I don't think there is anything wrong, though there isn't any codes when scanning the car.
I have noticed that the car I bought from my father has this same exact rough idle or rough initial revving when it is just started from cold.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Try a can of diesel egr cleaner. With engine idling spray into the air intake. Engine will speed up and sound like it's falling apart inside. Follow the instructions on the can. There will be a lot of gunk out of the exhaust so be carefull where you do this.

I had a similar experience with my 307 and the egr cleaner worked a treat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts