Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been fiddling with the lexia and noticed recurrent error in my car:
I always find a P0599 which was temporary and it has now become permanent...
could someone explain me how can i fix this? I suppose I should change the thermostat, where is it located?
My car is a 207 1.6 VTi auto
Many thanks

·
12,149 Posts
Possible causes of OBD code P0599
- Open or short thermostat heather control circuit - Poor thermostat heather control circuit connection - Failed Engine Cooling Thermostat The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: The P0598 is triggered when there is an open or short thermostat heather control circuit.

Peugeot P0599 OBD/DLC Error Code - Thermostat Heater Control Circuit High

I'm guessing you didn't get this code from Peugeot Planet or Diagbox. If you did you could get parameter measurements.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello
i did get this code from diagbox and i have a lexia.
where should i look for the parameters measurements (is it in engine?) and what should i expect to see?
many thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems that the thermostat is working properly.
the car is not overheating nor taking too long to warm up.
could someone send me a schematic where to find this component? I suspect a wire has gone or such.
thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lexia test show no problems on the parameters of the thermostat...
and its coming sometime as intermittent, sometime as a permanent short circuit to positive fault...
i wonder if its the thermostat or the housing...since this error was coming out in some other forums as an housing related fault

·
12,149 Posts
Yep, someone else on here had a similar problem and tried a new housing and that sorted it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gibbo,
I had it diagnosed at peugeot, 60£ but they did also a good valeting of the car...
They say is the temperature sensor, it is a known problem and peugeot is aware of it, but the car has not been recaled nor discount repair being offered.
The part comes at 50£, but they wanted to charge me 200£ for the labour.
I find it completely unreasonable...
If its the temp sensor they should be able to replace it easily witouth dismantling much.
I believe its the green sensor on top of the thermostat housing, there is another black on the side but I cannot remove the plug to check.
Disconnecting this green one causes the temp gauge to go to max and display a red warning.
The housing appears to be made of solid plastic with no electrical stuff if not the connectors, the car reads the temperature correctly but once it reachs 90C the error appears. While the engine is heating up is possible to run the aircond.
I am really tempted to buy a sensor on ebay and fit it, maybe I should get an haynes too just to be safe...
thanks for your suggestion

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is how the top sensor looks like...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this how the side one looks..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was able to disconnect the top one, not the side one since there is not space for my hand (how damn cramped are those cars?)
Any idea what is the bottom one doing?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the whole thermostat assembly fixed the problem
however, now I got a different and more serious problem..
After getting my car from the garage it was very lumpy and tented to not keep the idle.
I connected to the lexia and there were a bunch of errors:
permanent error on inlet cam dephasing
permanent error on outlet cam dephasing P0014
cam phase coherence error
I am now worried, the mechanic swear he just removed the thermostat housing and installed the new one, and I did not see anything else that could made me think that he did remove something else (even the dirt on the screws is still there)..
Any suggestion or im going to see the dealer? :(

·
12,149 Posts
Check everything is plugged back in. It wouldn't be the first time a mechanic left something disconnected when reassembling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts