Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my Engine ECU has been throwing this code up for a couple of days - "lack of coherence between status detected and the reference value of the slow speed fan."
When I run cooling fan tests in PP both the slow and fast speed fan tests are successful but I can only hear the fan actuating with the fast speed test.
I suspect this means the radiator fan control unit has a fault & on the slow speed circuit.

Can anyone confirm that the slow speed test does actuate the fan (ideally on a 2.0 HDi)?

Thanks in advance
Stuart

PS Looks like the fan control module is this one: https://www.gsfcarparts.com/936pc0240

·
7,587 Posts
Yes it will be the fan speed resistor unit that's failed the fan speed is controlled via the resistor as it only has one winding.

I had a fan failure recently it would run on low speed but high speed it would only run for about 1 second then blow the 60 amp fuse. When I swapped fan there is only a single two pin power connector so speed it eternally controlled

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update in case anyone comes across this issue...
The resistive coil that limits the slow fan speed setting had corroded and failed which I expect is quite common given it is exposed to the elements in free air behind the rad.
Replacement relay module from GSF turned out to be wrong part (power plug was keyed differently).
Ebay turned up a copy part from China Smartsense relay 9673999980 RO for £10 which seemed worth a punt.
Identical looking apart from lack of PSA logo, fitted a couple of days ago - switches fan to low and high speed so will consider that fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Nice to see PSA continuing the trend of poor design.

Changed a few of these similar cooling fan motor resistors on 206's over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts