Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone
this is my first post here, i found many helpful answer, but not for this can anyone help me
P0480 fan 1 control circuit/open
it is peugout 307 -1,6
I could not find fan fuse or fan relay
excuse my English I live in sweden

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi

The fan relays on my 307 1.6 are located in front of the radiator behind the front grill.
I'm afraid I can't tell you which fuse to check, but I'm sure someone will come along and answer that one for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

The fan relays on my 307 1.6 are located in front of the radiator behind the front grill.
I'm afraid I can't tell you which fuse to check, but I'm sure someone will come along and answer that one for you.

Thank you very much for your kind answer
I check the relay, it is working as it should, and the second speed fan starts at temperature 105 .
The whole problem start when I changed the cam belt and water pump, before changing them it was perfect,
is it possible the coolant temp sensor gives wrong reading as someone told me ?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Yes
I bleed it from the Heater pipe screw
There is also a bleed screw on the coolant outlet housing. Also did you use a 'header tank' (cut down plastic bottle) in the expansion tank when you refilled & bled the system ?

Some systems have hoses that are higher than the expansion tank and won't fill properly without the 'header tank' being used. There could still be air in the system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

I tested the relay, by changing the two of them. but I still have the same problem, second speed fan working but not the first one. i am thinking of testing the RADIATOR FAN RESISTOR. can someone help me by telling me how to make sure that this is the problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the problem was from the resistor, i discovered that when i connect the input and output of the resistor together with a wire, so it should second speed fan work on heat 95 . and it worked .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't private message you back janner ! It keeps saying I need 20 posts but I already have done that !!! You've just pm me back from my earlier message

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
joha what exactly was the problem with the resistor? Have you checked continuity across it and was it OK or open circuit? If continuity was OK did you measure the resistance of the resistor? The reason I am asking is I have a long standing cooling circuit fan fault and have done all the checks regarding testing the relays, fan and wiring continuity and cant fault the circuits so any feedback will be welcome. The trouble is that I have never heard the fan run as the temp gauge sits happily at 80-85 and so does not trigger the fan circuit. There is a new thermostat plus sensor module fitted by the way as the gauge used to sit at full cold!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts