Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

307 1.6 HDi SW

I have pulled off the DPF and cleaned it, (it was 78% full, nows its 18% full), for a few weeks it didn't show up until I refilled the fuel, and then got the error code in PP2000, so I cleared it and now it comes back straight away after clearing it. Hmm... I remember the engine light only popped up after topping up with fuel now that I think about it (the last 2 re-fuels). Had replaced the battery in-between this however, as it was knackered.

N.F.I., whether to buy a new CAT or diagnose something further? can't seem to find any info on what to do next? Anyone know? Or sit and wait?

Here are the errors that pop up.

P0422 shows the milage is wrong in F6, dunno why it shows such a low milage

I also get a P1536, which I'm sure is unrelated...or is it? Ha!

Cheers,

·
Registered
364 Posts
Really need one of the members experienced with HDi's and DPF's to comment as TBH I have only used it on my 206 petrol. I certainly wouldn't replace the cat at this stage. I am guessing but I would say that the ECU has attempted to regenerate the DPF X number of times and failed, it is now waiting to be told (through PP) that something has been physically done, either the DPF has been cleaned or replaced depending on the options programmed in. It is highly unlikely you will clear this fault code by just clearing the fault code as it will immediately come back. There is also some freeze frame data that is totally erroneous, this could have been caused by a dying battery or a faulty earth, it would be prudent to look at streaming data to see whether the correct temp and battery voltage is now displayed. The mileage won't be the vehicles mileage it will be the mileage covered since the ECU last had a major reset of some kind or maybe it has been replaced. The brake switch fault is highly likely to be the brake light switch and/or its connector. Hopefully you will get feedback by one of the more experienced members on here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks renegade,

I wonder if it was right in the middle of a regen when I stopped the car to top up fuel? I selected replaced DPF in PP2000, might do it again, and keep an eye on it, since the new battery had just been replaced a couple of weeks ago.

Also worth noting, replaced the Diesel Additive Tank, (yes, expensive) and it might have not had enough in the second tank to carry it out, although it reports 66gms in each. Seems to do an average regen every 100kms, will wait and see..

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Can't say I've heard that before. Can't see why as the auto regen performs the same thing but while the car is moving.

You can force a regen with the car stationary or while moving.

If it is the case that an oil change is required then IMHO it would be better to replace the oil than to leave the car as it is and risk it going into limp mode when you are a good distance away from home. Plus you would have the knowledge that the engine was being protected with nice clean oil :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts