Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have bought 2011 peugeot 308 1.6 vti automatic before a month. I m having trouble with some errors and faults. At first there were many errors on it and it was misfiring when i take it to R from D or when i stop immediatly. I replaced cam and crank shaft sensors and now i only have p0366 error. It is not misfiring anymore. And i saw that catalyst was empty after i buy it. Found and old one and loaded it. I dont know what to do.
Code: p0366 exhaust camshaft sensor: signal implausible

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,334 Posts
Firstly, did you clear the codes after replacing the sensor ?

The most likely cause of an abnormal voltage reading (signal implausible) in the camshaft position sensor circuit is oil or engine fluid that has leaked onto electrical components and caused shortages, or has caused the camshaft position sensor to go bad (which you already replaced).

Other causes may include:

Faulty crankshaft sensor (you replaced it)
Shorted or open wiring (use multimeter to test)
Damaged electrical connectors, inclusive of earth wiring (use multimeter to test)
Faulty starter motor (rare but possible)
Faulty starting system circuit (rare but possible)
Dead or weakened battery (how old is the battery and is it holding charge)
Open or shorted camshaft position sensor harness (use multimeter to test)

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, did you clear the codes after replacing the sensor ?

The most likely cause of an abnormal voltage reading (signal implausible) in the camshaft position sensor circuit is oil or engine fluid that has leaked onto electrical components and caused shortages, or has caused the camshaft position sensor to go bad (which you already replaced).

Other causes may include:

Faulty crankshaft sensor (you replaced it)
Shorted or open wiring (use multimeter to test)
Damaged electrical connectors, inclusive of earth wiring (use multimeter to test)
Faulty starter motor (rare but possible)
Faulty starting system circuit (rare but possible)
Dead or weakened battery (how old is the battery and is it holding charge)
Open or shorted camshaft position sensor harness (use multimeter to test)

Hope you find this helpful.
I ll try all of these. I deleted all errors after chaning camshaft sensor. After a few engine starting gave same error again. I ll check solenoid sensor and other with multimeter at the weekend

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

i have same problem with error P0366 on 1.6 VTI engine,changed chain,camshafts sensors,crankshaft sensor,vti pulley's,solenoid actuators,only what i not changed yet is oil rings on camshafts.

Can somebody help?

@katip55 did you found the problem with error P0366?

Best Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

i have same problem with error P0366 on 1.6 VTI engine,changed chain,camshafts sensors,crankshaft sensor,vti pulley's,solenoid actuators,only what i not changed yet is oil rings on camshafts.

Can somebody help?

@katip55 did you found the problem with error P0366?

Best Regards
Hi bro. I see authorized service last week. They told me that p0366 is about cylinder head. As they say i need to change my motor completly with new or second hand. As my friends i can resurface cylinder head. But i dont have money for this. I ll wait. When i got money i ll show if it s needed to resufrace really or not

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,334 Posts
I was looking around about this issue, and I found an unconfirmed report "P0366 as a Detected condition 'MAY' activate fail-safe function, stopping the fuel injection" if this was the case then you may need something like Lexia/PP2000 to clear the fail-safe activation/mode.

A test might be to confirm the fuel injectors are running when trying to start after fixing the error state that triggered P0366.

I'm not sure about this, just sharing something I found and though might be worth looking into. If this does turn out to be true, please share or update, so others know the case of this situation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi bro. I see authorized service last week. They told me that p0366 is about cylinder head. As they say i need to change my motor completly with new or second hand. As my friends i can resurface cylinder head. But i dont have money for this. I ll wait. When i got money i ll show if it s needed to resufrace really or not
Hi bro,ok great,let me know if you fix that error with resurface cylinder head and what exactly you fixed on cylinder head.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
U can see here how they are resurfacing a motor cylinder head. If this kind of work have done before it s not possible for second time as i know. Just take your car to a service to see if yours need a resurfacing. If not needed, maybe your gasket is old or something like that u ll also see that when it is disassembled

·
Registered
17 Posts
U can see here how they are resurfacing a motor cylinder head. If this kind of work have done before it s not possible for second time as i know. Just take your car to a service to see if yours need a resurfacing. If not needed, maybe your gasket is old or something like that u ll also see that when it is disassembled
Ok,thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Merhaba @katip55, belki P0366 hatasını düzelttiniz mi?
[/ALINTI YAPMAK]
Everyone says different thing. Authorized service and money hunters saying change motor completely. And others "who have no idea what to do" say change camshaft gear or mill or other parts. Same prize with changing motor... My car is taking me where i want. I decided not touching it. When it stops working i ll changa then. But if u find a way pls tell me too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did u fixed ur car bro? After i change camshaft my ecu gives p1336 and 1340. I m gonna disassemble my catalyst. I think all errors are because of it
Hi bro,

still nothing,i will change camshaft to see if will fix the error,but now you say,you have new errors,maybe camshaft is not primary problem?

Best Regards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have some problems on cold start,like erratic idle,misfire or something like that,but without any other errors than P0366 like before you had? When get warm,works normal...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts