Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys during the week was in my 1.6 hdi 307 110bhp on motorway doing around 135kph when the engine light came on and the car went into limp mode and lost all power, i struggled to one of my friends houses where he pluged in a generic handheld diagnostic computer and it showed p0234 engine overboost condition fault he cleared it and it came back on two days later, we had a look round the turbo,the actuator arm moves freely theres very little play in the turbo shaft, the oil feed into the turbo has no crap in it and the car isnt smokey so the turbo (to me at least :rolleyes: ) seems healthy. any ideas? thanks, Alan

·
Registered
905 Posts
ajnk said:
hey guys during the week was in my 1.6 hdi 307 110bhp on motorway doing around 135kph when the engine light came on and the car went into limp mode and lost all power, i struggled to one of my friends houses where he pluged in a generic handheld diagnostic computer and it showed p0234 engine overboost condition fault he cleared it and it came back on two days later, we had a look round the turbo,the actuator arm moves freely theres very little play in the turbo shaft, the oil feed into the turbo has no crap in it and the car isnt smokey so the turbo (to me at least :rolleyes: ) seems healthy. any ideas? thanks, Alan
its very difficult to say... other areas to focus is EGR Valve and vacum pipes etc..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so wat check pipes for leaks and tears, what should i check for in relation to the egr? also forgot to mention it threw up fault code p0100 maf or vaf A circuit malfunction at the same time cud it be related? thanks, alan

·
Registered
905 Posts
ajnk said:
so wat check pipes for leaks and tears, what should i check for in relation to the egr? also forgot to mention it threw up fault code p0100 maf or vaf A circuit malfunction at the same time cud it be related? thanks, alan
starting point is to check all pipes are on.. then to see if there are any cracks or splits on the pipes... EGR valve simply needs to be taken off and cleaned with carb cleaner and then soak on WD40 overnight.. it gets clogged with soot..

MAF error could be related... you would need to check the obvious first..

·
Registered
488 Posts
As Scotcruz has said it maybe many things.....when the dpf is due a regeneration the filter load and differential pressure increase which
creates back pressure in the air intake, inturn can bring up an overboost problem....if you know someone with planet they maybe able to check how your dpf is looking...:)
If the filter is clean and its still over boosting then the vanes within the turbo
maybe sticking at high boost position,
Peugeot used to change out turbos for this fault...:eek:
But now the adjust the control rod on the turbo by a few threads...i
can't remember which way tho....This prevents the turbo from overboosting...........:)
Let us know how you get on... ;)
Ron.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey Guys ,

Currently got the same fault as this (amongst others). Will adjusting the rod sort the fault? If so can anyone add which way to turn or how to do it. Cheers

D

·
0 Posts
Its the vanes of the variable geometry turbo sticking intermittantly.
The turbo needs to be stripped and de coked.

D

·
0 Posts
Thats what i'd do. Its not a massive job to remove them. You'd nearly do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts