Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. The engine light has been on since I bought this Peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 90 2003 a couple of months ago.

The car runs fine, but I want to turn the MIL off so I took it to a garage who got me the following codes:

P1519 Cooling Function:
I think I may have found this. There was a thermal fuse gone on the blower resistor fitted to the front radiator. Replaced this. Fingers crossed..

P0571 Brake contact:
Couldn't see any problem with the brake switch behind the passenger glove box. Both normally open and normally closed sides checked ok. Wiring looks ok so what else could it be?

P0121 Throttle sensor 1
P0221 Throttle sensor 2:
Ok so my main question is where is the other throttle sensor apart from the one at the pedal? I looked at the pedal which I assume must be working anyway otherwise I couldn't drive the car. As far as I can see there is no 'throttle body'. Is this correct? Though its hard to see down the back of the engine. I found these on fleabay but on other forums someone has said it does not exist on this diesel.

Any ideas/info appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Had the same fault codes on mine (apart from the P0221). Unfortunately, I've not had chance to put them right (something else always seems to spring up on me on the car....).

Do you have any tangible issues with braking, due to the P0571?

Diesel's generally don't have a throttle body.

As far as I know (and I'm useless with electrics, so please don't take it as gospel), the P0221 refers to the "B" circuit servicing the throttle sensor (according to my list of fault codes).

Don't know if this helps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jimmy

No problem with braking. Antilock seems to work fine as well (not that I go out of my way to check it LOL).

Agreed that throttle bodies are generally not necessary on diesels, but apparently some have such a butterfly valve to assist the amount of EGR. Personally I don't think this car has one.. the intake pipe runs clear along the back of the engine, I can't see behind though.

In which case where is the throttle 'B' circuit? Maybe I should try to find the wiring diagram. If anyone knows where this is thanks.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Unfortunately my knowledge ceases at wiring looms and the likes..... I'm sure there are plenty of folk here who have an abundance of knowledge.

I've had a quick look on servicebox and can't find anything useful or relevant to the wiring/circuitry :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I looked at Peugeot service box (ack. jimmy) and found some helpful parts diagrams for the vehicle, which enabled me to find the 'throttle body' though its called an 'air doser', located behind the right hand side (facing the engine).

However having removed it for inspection, its just a vacuum operated butterfly valve. No electrical connections! (Had to take out the battery and top air pipe to access).

Actually there was no vacuum pipe connected to the spigot either, so butterfly valve permanently open (ok fine. Couldnt find any loose vacuum tube behind engine either)

So no further on with identifying the other throttle sensor. Can't find a wiring diagram with any throttle sensor on either...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts