Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.
I have a 306 diesel estate which is getting very very hot,ive only had it 3 weeks and think that i may had been stitched up :(
I bought it and everything seemed to be fine until i checked the water and found it to be very low, when i topped it up the car now is overheating right up to the red.
The water dont seem to be circulating at all, though on the up side i still have very hot air being blown out...and i am praying the head aint gone can anyone give me any other advive please.
oh just one other thing its a real pain in the butt to start in the morning as you have to pump and pump to start it...though after that its straight off the button could this have anything to do with it?
Terry

D

·
0 Posts
On the starting, i'd reckon its a problem with the one way valve in the fuel filter bowl. This if the engine is a 1.9. You haven't said which engine.

On the overheating, is the top and bottom hoses of the rad hot or cold?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David, sorry bud it is the 1.9 engine and i will check the hoses now.
Thanks Terry :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well, the rad is cold,expansion tank is hot 95.. top hoses ever so slightly warm, posss the weather? bottom hose cooler still.
There seems to be no water movement, only when i squeeze the top hose does movement happen.
no oil in water or vica versa.. hopefully this is good news :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, draining the water system seems to have done the trick, lots of brown gunge came out and temps staying around 90 ish though the fans dont seem to be kicking in either lol.
one problem done another starts lol, though i must admit i am soooooo glad that i have got away with the head.....so far :thumb:
Thanks for all your help so far. :D:D

D

·
0 Posts
Yes get a good rad flush into it. Blown sludge is from lack of servicing the cooling system. You may have problems down the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes get a good rad flush into it. Blown sludge is from lack of servicing the cooling system. You may have problems down the road.
I think i may still have them :(
On idle it seems ok but when driving it goes up :eek::eek: my fans don't kick in which is something else to do down the line as well.
The temp gauge seems to wobble a bit if thats the right word for it between 93-98, is it poss that the water pump has gone as looking in to the ex tank i can't see any movement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts