Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I have Peugeot 307, 1.6 HDI 90hp.
Yesterday i was driving in the city and there was a lot of traffic and all of a sudden the car reached a maximum temperature, the arrow was exactly to the maximum. So i stopped immediately and turn off the car. Next thing i did was turn the key to ignition and the temperature was at 90 degrees celsius. That was really strange. So i started the car and i was driving just 2-3km and it happened again. So i parked the car and let it cool down and then came home. Today i was driving 100km on a highway and the temperature was good until i enter the city. There was 1km uphill road and the temperature gone to the maximum again but it was not slow going up, but at once the arrow went to the red, so i turned off the car again and put the key in ignition and the temperature was at 90 degrees celsius.
And one more thing i would like to tell that the car never got temperature over 80-85 degrees.

Any clue what it may be? Is the car overheating or not? Please someone explain if you know.

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
1.6 HDI engines generally never overheat what has happened in your case is most likely the green temp sender is faulty sending the wrong information to the BSI.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello. I have Peugeot 307, 1.6 HDI 90hp.
Yesterday i was driving in the city and there was a lot of traffic and all of a sudden the car reached a maximum temperature, the arrow was exactly to the maximum. So i stopped immediately and turn off the car. Next thing i did was turn the key to ignition and the temperature was at 90 degrees celsius. That was really strange. So i started the car and i was driving just 2-3km and it happened again. So i parked the car and let it cool down and then came home. Today i was driving 100km on a highway and the temperature was good until i enter the city. There was 1km uphill road and the temperature gone to the maximum again but it was not slow going up, but at once the arrow went to the red, so i turned off the car again and put the key in ignition and the temperature was at 90 degrees celsius.
And one more thing i would like to tell that the car never got temperature over 80-85 degrees.

Any clue what it may be? Is the car overheating or not? Please someone explain if you know.
Hi is your rad fan kicking in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
did you do something to the cooling system recently? I had this once and it was air in the cooling system so open the bleed nipples for a short time until you have a constant flow and than try again. Fixed my issues with overheating a while back

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Everything works fine at cold days, but when weather temperature is higher as 27+ Degrees the problem is showing up.
The rad is working fine.

Where are the bleed nipples?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts