Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope you're all well. I'm gonna give you the standard 'sorry if it's been answered before', but I've searched thoroughly and can't seem to find anything specific to my issue.

Driving home from work today on the motorway, everything was absolutely fine. However, after leaving the M4, about 2 sets of traffic lights later, as I sat waiting I watched my temperature needle rise from 90 right up to the top of the red fairly rapidly, and then the red dash stop light came on. The traffic lights went green and I drove on in a bit of a panic, but within moments of moving off the temperature needle was back down to 90. I sailed all the way home without stopping again and had no more issues. However, when I got back, I parked up and left the engine running, and within 30 seconds or so the needle was back up in the red. I switched the engine off, jumped out, and the bonnet was cold to the touch. I didn't pop it open though, I have almost zero knowledge of cars so that's how I've left it for now, I thought I'd try and get some info from somebody more knowledgeable before doing anything else. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

I have an '07 307 sport 1.6, 65,000 on the clock.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
As you say you've really no idea about cars so ask a neighbour if they will / can check the coolant level in the header tank for you, then if that's OK then think about getting someone with "plant" to plug in to check sensors
The expansion / header tank is located, as you stand in front of the car, far left corner and is a black screw down cap with what looks like an open book embossed on the top on an opaque spherical ball/bottle - level should be 1/2 or 3/4 way up the ball

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the responses lads.

Massively embarrassing, it was indeed a simple case of low coolant levels... I can only apologise for wasting everyone's time, I knew I was an amateur but I've outdone even myself this time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts