Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought a 207 SW 1.4 VTi, 2009 model and it overheats when sat in traffic which I can cool down by turning the heater fans on full.

As hot air blows from the heater I dont suspect the thermostat.

Temperature gauge reads properly from cold up so I do not suspect it either.

I cannot hear a radiator fan turn when overheating so I suspect the fan relay.

Only problem is I cannot find one anywhere. Can someone please show me where it is located on my model?

Tony

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cant seem to find a relay for it on online parts manuals either.. is there a relay ??

Anyone know what drives the main radiator fan?

Any cooling system electronic schematic for my model?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fan is controlled by the engine ecu i dont think later models have a relay except possibly INSIDE the underbonnet fusebox

Unplug the wires to the fan and power it directly to be sure its working if it is check the maxi fuses UNDER the fusebox.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the fan motor; must have taken a knock recently (I bought the car as an insurance write-off) and it jams when it tries to turn.
Helped it along and it began to turn but vibrated badly so will get another.
They must have power MOSFETs driving the fan motor with PWM - a bit risky including power drivers like that inside the ECU block though (unless they are somewhere else :confused:).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks, will look out for it and check its contact resistance too (just in case) as I have to replace that headlight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just bought a 207 SW 1.4 VTi, 2009 model and it overheats when sat in traffic which I can cool down by turning the heater fans on full.

As hot air blows from the heater I dont suspect the thermostat.

Temperature gauge reads properly from cold up so I do not suspect it either.

I cannot hear a radiator fan turn when overheating so I suspect the fan relay.

Only problem is I cannot find one anywhere. Can someone please show me where it is located on my model?

Tony
Have you solve it? I want to buy a second hand peugeot 207 and salesman told me the car abit problem and overheat of stop at traffic light.

Ask to change the fan only.

So i just want make sure is it true that after change ti and everything ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts