Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I need some advice about the problem in the heading of this thread.
I'm considering buying a 406. It's a 2.0 litre 16v and it has a problem with over heating although it doesn't lose any water.
My mate thinks it might be something as simple as the viscous fan not doing it's job of cooling the radiator but i'm not so sure.
I've not had the chance to see the car myself and my knowledge of mechanics is far less than my friend but he said that he can't see anything obvious.
Has anyone on the forums had any experience with this kind of issue or has anyone got an idea of what it could be?
Thanks in advanced guy's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thermostat

Take The Thermostat Out And Replace It With A New One, If The Head Gasket Is Ok And Your Fan Cuts In Ok, And Your Not Loosing Any Water Then The Thermostat Is Not Opening Correctly. Its An Easy Job And Should Be Replaced Anyway.

G

·
Check it's bled properly. The layout of the coolant pipework in the 406's engine bay makes it tricky to bleed and there's a special tool you need do do it properly (unless you know the slightly minging but equally effective bodge method).

Don't let the guage run into the red - once or twice is enoguh to kill the head gasket on those blocks, and next week, next month or next year the HG will expire as a result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts