Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,

How do one remove the overhead light. (the one at the rear view mirror) I am investigating the possibility of putting in some "mood lights" to "gently bath the front interior in defused light" as they say in the ads.

Thanks,

Gerhard

·
11,992 Posts
Get a flat bladed object (butter knife is my weapon of choice) and push it in to the right hand side and gently prise it out.

I took all my bulbs out last month when I was camping as people have a tendency to leave doors and the boot open and it puts the car into economy mode!

I need to put an override switch on the boot light so I can turn it off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a flat bladed object (butter knife is my weapon of choice) and push it in to the right hand side and gently prise it out.

I took all my bulbs out last month when I was camping as people have a tendency to leave doors and the boot open and it puts the car into economy mode!

I need to put an override switch on the boot light so I can turn it off.
Thanks for the input. Shall give it a try over the week-end.

J

·
0 Posts
I just did mine red so the whole car is kinda red (except the grey seats)

looks smart

J

·
0 Posts
You could of course just pressed the button once when doors open in order to disable the lights coming on full stop :D :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
You could but then some muppet closes a door then opens it again!
They could close and open the door all they liked, but the lights wouldn't work again until you had the door open and pressed the button again :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Well it wouldn't be too difficult to install striplights as long as you can get some sort of subtle plastic trunking, I have it all in my head right now :cool:

In fact, you could probably go to a scrappy and find cars with a single bulb-holder for the interior light. Then fit them into your car ceiling and wire them to the switch on/off lights. I'm not too sure about it all when there are more than 2 wires :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the thought process.

The central light currently holds the center and two reading lights. To the top of them is enough space to drill two holes which will hold the mood lights. To which they must be connected I'm still not sure. These lights/led's should ideally be orange, to fit in with the current color scheme. And that was the original question, has anybody done it, and can give advise how to.

Gerhard

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good Morning,

The jackpot will be for them to only become active if the ambient light falls beneath the threshold at which the head lamps will automatically switch on.

Possible?

G

·
11,992 Posts
They could close and open the door all they liked, but the lights wouldn't work again until you had the door open and pressed the button again :thumb:
Hmmm, mine doesn't work like that.

You open the doors - the lights come on. They stay on until 5 seconds after you close the door.

Leave the door open, you can turn the light off instantly with the button.

However, close the door and open it again, the light is on!

J

·
0 Posts
Gerhard.... Does that not mean you'll be driving in the dark with interior lights on?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Morning, no not. It will only be a very light light. Hence the term "mood light". And as I said ideally it will work separate from the normal cabin overhead lights.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts