Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to wire the radio direct a live feed that is not controlled by the eco mode. My car goes into eco mode in 3 minutes when the engine is turned off regardless of how long the car has been running. The battery has been replaced in the last 12 months but it is no different.

·
4,029 Posts
Hi....Have a search on the forum re 'economy mode'...its been discussed many times and cant be 'switch off'...its protecting the battery charge level

·
4,029 Posts
Is the car is used just for short trips..if so you may want to obtain a smart charger to fully charge the battery every so often...that will help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi....Have a search on the forum re 'economy mode'...its been discussed many times and cant be 'switch off'...its protecting the battery charge level
Thank you, I had already read the articles, but I was hoping that someone had tried to wire the radio direct to the battery to overcome this. I have a Ring "Smart Charger" and, although we only do short journeys there is no problem with the battery. There is no problem starting the car which is kept in a garage.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If the car is going into economy mode after only 3 minutes something is not quite right.

If everything works normally and you only have the radio on it should stay on for 30 minutes before the car goes into economy mode. However, the handbook for the 207 also says that to clear economy mode you need to start the engine and after that the car will stay out of economy mode for double the period the engine was running but for no less than 5 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts