Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nuisance that radio switches off after 20minutes if I’m parked and eating etc.

I have a leisure battery in the vehicle as I sometimes use the Partner for overnight stops.

Would I do any damage to the radio or anything else if I took a connection from this battery to the radio connector block as I believe there are two +12v inputs ...one standard and the one that’s used now ...ECO.
So taking the leisure battery positive to radio and then disconnecting the ECO connection ?

Or is there another option ?

Also...how do I find my radios code ? Is there a process ?

·
Registered
933 Posts
You could just tweak the BSI configuration set up with Planet / Diagbox & switch showroom mode to ACTIVE.

This will disable the eco mode 20 minute cut out BUT you will run the risk of a flat battery if you forget to switch an electrical accessory off.

Multiplexed Partner wont have a radio code as the radio is locked to the cars BSI unit ( body computer ) via the VIN number.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Your missunderstanding the wiring there is no ECO wire the BSI controls power to the radio yes but its voltage sensing not an on off switch once battery power goes low it turns on eco mode but there is also a timer so powering BOTH wires would possibly do as you want BOTH power wires actually switch off after complete shutdown.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for help and replies...

After further research I’m worried about potential problems my idea might cause

I guess it’s not worth the risk.

I suppose it’s better to buy a separate radio away from the vehicles circuits

Thanks Nanny Care Peugeot ...I NEVER had to worry about this with other vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts