Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 307 XSi HDi 05 plate, on the test drive which I had a few days ago, everything was fine.

I purchased the car today and as I was driving home, the engine started revving really high, then a thick cloud of black and blue smoke came out of the exhaust. After this the car drove fine, however an amber light appeared on the dash board, the clutch was vibrating which you could feel if you dipped the clutch an inch, and it was slipping out of second gear.

I took the car back to the dealership and they will let me know next week, I'm just wondering what had gone wrong, and is it a fairly quick repair as I urgently need a car.

Thanks in advance for shedding light on this problem :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm no expert, but being a veteran of two blown turbos, I suspect the turbo, as your description matched what happened to mine the second time.

If your lucky it 'just' a new turbo, injectors and a few filters. If your not lucky, it will quickly become a whole lot more expensive...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is probably a stupid question, but doe the car even have a turbo? It says nothing about a turbo on any of the paper work I got from the dealership and it is not mentioned in the car description on price comparison websites :/

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
95% of modern diesels have turbos whether it says so or not the turbo is there to increase engine efficiency helping it to burn fuel better and cleaner in theory :)

In reality its just another bit that goes wrong mainly due to lack of maintenance

Yours sounds like it might well be turbo related

1 - 8 of 8 Posts