Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All,

Will driving over the week-end noticed the following:

Pulling away in first and change to second at about 4, 500rpm, the revs will climbed and not fall back while changing gears. Changing from second to third and upwards will be normal with the revs falling while changing gears. Is this normal?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Gerhard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No this isnt normal, mine did the same thing too and i believe the clutch is at fault here, someone on another forum had this fault too and took it to the dealers who wanted 400 quid to repair it so im assuming its a new clutch.

with mine i sold it on before i could rectify it

J

·
0 Posts
Thats definitely a different driving style to majority of drivers I know.... up to 4500rpm in 1st before changing... can't be getting very good fuel economy at that rate. Take it the car isn't a diesel??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No this isnt normal, mine did the same thing too and i believe the clutch is at fault here, someone on another forum had this fault too and took it to the dealers who wanted 400 quid to repair it so im assuming its a new clutch.

Oh dear!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats definitely a different driving style to majority of drivers I know.... up to 4500rpm in 1st before changing... can't be getting very good fuel economy at that rate. Take it the car isn't a diesel??
Hi,

No it is a petrol. Normally I will change at much lower revs. But I was in a hurry.

C

·
0 Posts

Why buy a car if you can't afford/are unwilling to maintain or repair it when it goes wrong?

I always titter when people buy a big, complicated car, and then complain when they get big, complicated bills. Sounds like your wallet was punching above it's weight when you bought it.

J

·
0 Posts

I doubt it was the clutch - a dealer wouldn't change a clutch on a 407 for £400.... no chance!

C

·
0 Posts
The clutch can be bought from £100-£160, depending who you buy it from and the make - remember, the petrol engine clutch is simplicity itself.

Add a couple of hours labour, slap on some VAT and you're around the £400 mark.

J

·
0 Posts
The petrol engine must be a lot simpler and easier to work on than the 2.0HDI then... the clutch for mine was in excess of £200 from various motor factors, and dealer price nearer £300.... plus the labour on mine was booked at 7-8hrs, either by the dealer or local independent... I know its said that diesels cost more for parts, etc, but that is a massive difference.

C

·
0 Posts
The petrol engine must be a lot simpler and easier to work on than the 2.0HDI then...
One helluva lot.

One the HDi's the clutch arrangement is different, and if you're unlucky you're looking at DMF too. Bang goes any cash saved on fewell!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts