Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an issue of overheating in Peugeot 307, 1.6 petrol, model 2005 - When the air conditioner is off the needle goes through the 100c (driving in traffic jams), then the fan at low speed starts working on about 105c (passed the first line after the middle) and can stabilize the temp. to 100 degrees, when I turn on the air conditioner the temp. goes down up to the middle i.e. 90c and the fan is working on high speed as long as the A/C is operating.
I suspect inaccuracy of coolant temperature sensor unit (I saw it on thermostat back housing), I already replaced myself the thermostat and coolant 2 weeks ago.
Where is the fan relays location (I want to see that their contacts are clean)?
Assume that the relays are well, I wonder if I need to replace the temp. sensor unit?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
307 wont have fan relays well none that you can get at but you say the fan is working anyway so its not your issue

You have no location on your profile but sounds like you are somewhere other than UK

·
11,769 Posts
Mine were under the bonnet slam panel and exposed to the elements.

I had an issue with the fan not turning off on my Mk1. 307, and it went away after the electrical contacts were cleaned with contact cleaner.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You say that you have recently changed the coolant. It is possable that you have air in the system. That could cause overheating. Try bleeding the system to get the air out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am trying to focus on two things, the one is the fact that

I replaced the coolant to red coolant of "Prestone" DEX-COOL 50/50, but not the original Peugeot recommendation :eek: - so, it might be corroded the Aluminum motor block or raise the operating temperature?
The second, I am seeking to know what is the threshold temperature levels of the coolant temperature sensor unit (i.e. Hysteresis levels for fan activation), I did not find in the WEB!:mad:

Apologies in advance for my poor English - I live in ISRAEL.
Thanks all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts