Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my oil after finding some black drops on the drive the other day, and it was overfilled quite badly - so took to garage and had completely drained and refilled to correct levels with new oil.

Couple of days on, after drying area underneath, there are still a few little droplets forming, which are deep black - nothing like the new oil in at the moment.

My question is, could this be old oil still finding its way down, or a leak from some other area? just to add as well as overfilling the oil, they also never put the dipstick back in fully, and the leak is right at the front, about a foot back from the bumper, forming on some black casing.

Cheers for any input.

·
Registered
375 Posts
some garage if they didnt put the dip stick back :nono:

my be old oil but you never no i would be jet washing the engine off, seal up vital electrics with bags and tape and have the engine running

and you might be able to see where the oil is comming from

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it as you know can only fit in one way fully because of a knotch, and what they had done is leave sticking out a bit as it looks like they had pushed it down until it had stopped, then thought that was it - but in turning around a few degrees, it met the slot and dropped down to for a seal etc.

I will when I get a chance have a go at cleaning the engine, as hopefully it is old oil as it black as night.

Cheers for advice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was golden still the day after, with black drips - but sure it has turned to the dark side already now :)

The DPF has been removed last week - so could this still add to the oil? I checked for drops this morning and none since wipe yesterday, so will keep checking and check my oil probably tomorrow now.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I was just saying, as the regeneration process adds extra diesel to your engine on the exhaust stroke, and at the same time glow plugs are activated to burn this extra diesel. This raises temps and clears out DPF.

If the glow sticks don't work for whatever reason the extra diesel injected will find its way to your sump.

If you had the DPF removed completely and professional I suppose you shouldn't really have a problem with this anymore. But if the DPF removal wasn't a pro job, who knows.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for response - to be honest this DPF is still quite new to me - I had to research bit when I was getting the error messages and driving problems, the main reason for getting it removed and remap at same time.

I have used the guy before on my A6 and he did a great job - obviously he has used a mechanic on top this time so am hoping he was upto scratch?!

Time will tell I guess - having a long run in it this weekend, so will keep an eye out on the drips.

Cheers for help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts