Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know where the outside temperature sensor is located on a 2002 Peugeot 607 and roughly how much a new one is. I think my one maybe faulty. Starting the car up yesterday the temperature display on the colour screen was reading -10degrees and after driving worked its way upto 2degrees and kept changing. I was getting the 'Risk of Black Ice' warning up constantly.

The temperature outside was actually about 9degrees so the display was definitiely wrong. Other than that, does anyone have any ideas what else it could be.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Steevo said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know where the outside temperature sensor is located on a 2002 Peugeot 607 and roughly how much a new one is. I think my one maybe faulty. Starting the car up yesterday the temperature display on the colour screen was reading -10degrees and after driving worked its way upto 2degrees and kept changing. I was getting the 'Risk of Black Ice' warning up constantly.

The temperature outside was actually about 9degrees so the display was definitiely wrong. Other than that, does anyone have any ideas what else it could be.

Many thanks in advance.
its on the passenger side wing mirror.. the part number is 6445 F9 for £21.24

let me know if you need anyhelp..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Scotcruz. You are a wealth of information. Where abouts do you get your part numbers from and prices. I have a parts catalogue but it does not contain prices.

Do you know if its an easy job to replace it?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I work for the b***tards that why... pmsl...

its very easy and on a sunny day max it would take is 30 mins..

first you need to take the mirror off.. the hooks are at the bottom under the mirror..

then the outer casing.. and the sensor is just at the bottom.. (the black plastic bit)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts