Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 406 exec for about a month now and am slowly working through the little niggles, once i have these sorted i will have a pretty up-together 406.

One of these niggles is the outside temp sensor, i can see the sensor is mounted in/on the N/S mirror, but how do i get it off the car to replace?

I presume it needs replacing as it either shows -- or 46c, and in the middle of winter i doubt it is that warm!!

Thanks

G

·
The sensor is in the NS door mirror. They fill with water and go kaput, but sometimes dry out and recover. Alas, they're soldered into the loom but it's not difficult to replace if you have a soldering iron. Mirror glass off, awy you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

I got at the sensor today.....at the expense of the mirror glass, so that's something else for the shopping list :mad:

I tried cleaning it out but i have a feeling it is to far gone, never mind.

I have also established that the pollen filter has not been changed for over 4 years, having removed that the car no longer steams up :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove a mirror glass without breaking it as my motor has the same problem showing 40 ish all the time even with the big freeze plus its kicking the air con in when it's not needed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
having broken mine.....and then had the chance to look at how it is fixed, it is possible to remove them without breaking

The mirror glass has a wire retainer this cilps onto the motor on the mirror body.
this wire clip runs in a circular manner, it is about 1.5 to 2 inch diameter. this needs to be 'unclipped' once you have done that the mirrorglass will come away from the motor without any issue or risk of breakage.

To unclip this glass you will need a tool like a flat ended screwdriver that had a 90 degree bend it in, this is what will be required in order to unclip this(ese) clip(s)
The clip is situated along the bottom of the glass, about halfway along, it is sprung loaded, the trick is to get hold of the clip and push it away from you, not easy when you can see it :mad:
It took me a few attempts but eventually i did it, i used my broken one to practice on.

I will try to get some pics early part of next week if you can hold on.....it will save you about £45 ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.