Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 307 Dturbo which is giving erractic readings on the outside temp gauge. I'm not too worried about this but on a hot day with the gauge reading -15C the climate control wont blow cold. If the gauge then reads the proper temp ie 20C the climate works great.

Am I right to assume the two items are linked? If so, can a new exterior temp sensor be fitted or will I new to buy a whole new passenger mirror?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
cerbera1971 said:
I have 2002 307 Dturbo which is giving erractic readings on the outside temp gauge. I'm not too worried about this but on a hot day with the gauge reading -15C the climate control wont blow cold. If the gauge then reads the proper temp ie 20C the climate works great.

Am I right to assume the two items are linked? If so, can a new exterior temp sensor be fitted or will I new to buy a whole new passenger mirror?

Thanks in advance.:)

Yes you can fit a new one no problem-

Move the mirror till it points all the way down, then you should be able to relase the glass holding clip (a long screwdriver will reach through the gap)

Remove the old temperature sensor, just cut the old wires,then solder on the new cable, this is so much easier than goinig through the grief of stripping the door and running new cable back to the dash.

job done (took me 20 minutes)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks moose, sounds like you have saved me a lot of work.
I presume you changed yours for the same reason?

Also, is there a good place to buy these or are they only available from Peugeot dealers?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would think you would get them from a good pug spares dealer although just had a quick look online and couldnt get one. Why not go to a local scrappy or breakers would cost you buttons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts