Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a while now my 308 has had a problem which seemed to come out of no where.

An annoying "squeak" sound which sounds like it's coming from outside the car, which happens quite often now, when turning left/right at low speeds (<30mph).

The problem started earlier this year, and originally (before lockdown) my car was going in for it's normal service back in April and I mentioned it to the garage when booking it in but was told to just keep an 'eye on it' and if it gets worse before the service then bring it in.

Fast forward to now and it hasn't got any worse since then, and my service is now booked in instead for later this month, so I just wondered if anyone here may have a clue on what it could be before it goes in to the garage to be looked at.

I've noticed if I put my foot on the brake pedal while it's squeaking it seems to stop, if that's any clue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depending on the model of the 308, there’s quite a few TSBs about front end noise, covering the LSD and brakes on the GTi 270, drop links and ARB bushes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This used to happen with my 4x4 and found it was low tyre pressure
Not sure it's the same in my case, as my tyres are all okay pressure wise.

Depending on the model of the 308, there’s quite a few TSBs about front end noise, covering the LSD and brakes on the GTi 270, drop links and ARB bushes
It's a 14 plate HDi Active model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts