Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The window regulator wire snapped on my 307 cc unexpectedly the other day when I closed the door, the window was down already but I heard it go clunk and I took it in to my local garage to have it sorted.

They ordered a new regulator and fitted it. One problem - Now it is "fixed" the sensor is not working anymore. With the window they have "set it" to stop close to the rubber seal so the door opens.

When I now put the window up fully it automatically goes down half way.

Anyway, I need the car fixing by the weekend, it will cost £190 for what they have done already. they think it "might need a new handle as the sensor is built in" but they have an electrician popping in in the morning who can check the wires inside. I don't know if the sensor was broken when I brought it in or if it was them messing with the fittings (They didn't seem to have a clue)

All this seems like lots of extra costs with potentially no end result and I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am skint but I need whatever it is fixing.

Thanks for reading my SA :-(

·
11,766 Posts
When I now put the window up fully it automatically goes down half way
This happens a lot on 307s. I usually recommend the window edge is cleaned and then the "felt" window channel is cleaned and sprayed with silicone spray.

I think its resistance on the window and its detecting it as an obstruction and going into emergency mode.

You should also clean the window switches on the doors. Comrpessed air and electrical contact cleaner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts