Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been trying to find out were the air temperature sensor is on my 307,
the display in the car for outside air temp is just 2 lines and not eg:20c.
On Google it kept bringing me here.. but the answer i got was wrong.. it said the sensor was in either the passenger or drivers door mirror, i have taken both of mine off and found nothing but the electrics for the electric mirrors..
so i have joined the site to find out if anyone can help me locate it my car is the peugeot 307 lx 16v 5dr semi auto..Thanks to any1 who can help

J

·
0 Posts
What he said ^ ^

Should be a small black plastic dome on the underside of the mirror, no more than 5mm diameter... its been like that for over 12yrs+ that I know of with Pugs :thumb:

R

·
0 Posts
mines under my drivers side mirror right up close to the where it joins the door..

·
Registered
9 Posts
outside air temperature sensor

the sensor is located underneath the nearside rear view mirror. it shows as a small black dome about 5mm diameter, very close to where the mirror assembly joins the door panel.
changing the sensor is reasonable easy.
First , push the mirror assembly inwards (toward the the door) this will reveal a small plastic removable panel on the bottom edge of the assembly where it meets the door panel. The panel is held in place by plastic clips, using a small flat screw driver, push in the clips to remove the cover.
You will see that the sensor is clipped into the inside of the cover.remove the sensor from its clips.
Carefully pull out the sensor wires until you have about 60mm showing. Now cut the cables off the sensor (one at a time)so you don't get them mixed,bare the wire end and fit a crimp connector to join the wire of new sensor. do the same for the other wire. Press the sensor into place in the cover.and refit the cover. Note; it maybe necessary to "lose" some of the new cable in the mirror assembly , otherwise the cover will not fit snug.
Turn on the ignition:) and the temperature should be correct.
Hope this helps
Solderman39 :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Thanks to All

Hi everyone. . Thanks for your replys over this matter.. unfortunately I don't own the pug anymore as the semi auto box caused me more problems than the air sensor could ever do.. thanks all the same.. the help is most appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts