Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peugeot guru's your help is greatly needed

Basically since ive bought my peugeot 307 hdi 110 (2004) I've had the same repetitive problem, within the first 5 minutes of my journey (after the cars been ideal overnight or while at work) down the motorway the car fails to pick up power , after a short period of maybe 2 minutes or if i stop and start again the power to the car picks up no problem for the rest of the journey

Now since the start of this i took it peugeot and they found faults, i fixed them faults except for 1.... so far ive done a full service of the car, new oil and all new filters fitted. No effect! changed glow plug relay and glow plugs. No effect! Replaced dodgy fuel cap sensor! No effect! Now the only problem ive not looked at is the intermittent air flow problem peugeot advised me to look at, could this be causing the problem?? or does any one have any fresh ideas what the problem could be? :confused:

regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 2.0 litre sorry

from the sheet i got the descriptions where as follows, they didnt list any codes...

"poor starting- a few faults stored, also dual mass flywheel noisy, which means failure of springs which could be affecting the speed sensor reading. Advise replacement flywheel and engine speed sensor. Possible clutch when stripped, drishaft oil seals and 2 litres of gear oil"

"Permanent fault for fuel cap sensor will affect the amount of essential additive added to tank, requires new sensor and additive refill"

"faults stored in ecu of preheat faults, checked out and all 4 heater plugs giving different readings. Advise new preheat plugs and relay"

"Reqs testing as poss other faults as intermittent egr and airflow faults in system"

Not touched top one because mate whos a mechanic says he cant see a problem with that at the minute. Bottom one not touched either

·
Registered
673 Posts
its the 2.0 litre sorry

from the sheet i got the descriptions where as follows, they didnt list any codes...

"poor starting- a few faults stored, also dual mass flywheel noisy, which means failure of springs which could be affecting the speed sensor reading. Advise replacement flywheel and engine speed sensor. Possible clutch when stripped, drishaft oil seals and 2 litres of gear oil"
Mine has this problem....booked in for a solid conversion for next saturday....Woohoo £480 lighter.....:mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can i ask where and what the MAF sensor is please??? newbie :)! and will the car be ok running without it for couple of days??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for the information

I will give it a go tomorrow morning and see what the outcome is.... if it needs cleaning, i've read somewhere to use carburetor spray and let it dry in the air then place back on? also test voltage?

·
11,780 Posts
You can use carb spray at a push but I'd go for electrical contact cleaner. Get a slim can of it from Maplin.

Remember not to try touching or wiping the wires with anything.

Give the electrical connector a good spray too. I looked at a 307 last week with similar problems and this socket and plug were really grimy and oily.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you give this a try yet? Could do with having a look at mine.
The dreaded anti pollution fault has just come back after disappearing itself a month or so ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will give it a try in next hour then ill let you know how i get on.... anti pollution message doesnt really come on for me tho, twice a month maximum, seems to be when low on fuel

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine came back on the other day after going into economy mode while playing about changing bulbs and what not. Don't know if the two are related or coincidence.
Everything still appears to be running okay though and not losing any mpg, so thinking it could be the contacts or something.

Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the car seemed to run fine when maf sensor was disconnected, or could be the fact it doesnt do it daily, i will clean the sensor and see how i get on

anti pollution fault stayed on though even when reconnected sensor, is this normal??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah sounds normal to me. I get the message flash up with the bongs, and the engine management light is constantly on, hoping it is just the sensor contacts.

Hopefully you'll manage to sort yours.
Going to have a look and a play tomorrow with mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts