Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I ordered the 2008 gt line and I managed to get a stock car ordered with exact spec and colour. I am just wondering last contact from the dealer it stated “in transit Vigo” I have been told that next update will be “in transit sheerness”. How long have people waited from in transit Vigo? Then further to dealer? I have been told 2/3 weeks but is thus realistic? it won’t update that it’s loaded on the ship? Sorry for my ignorance this is the first time I have ever ordered a brand new car. Just needing to work out when I will be turning my old car in

thank you in advance for your help.

·
3,945 Posts
I woul pester the dealer....they should know.....

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
122 Posts
Vigo I believe is the port around spain where it is dispatched and Sheerness is the port in UK. It would be coming by boat so yes 2-3 weeks is not unreasonable, by the time is past through customs and then transported up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vigo I believe is the port around spain where it is dispatched and Sheerness is the port in UK. It would be coming by boat so yes 2-3 weeks is not unreasonable, by the time is past through customs and then transported up.
Thanks you so much. I’ve tracked the boat down and it arrives in port tomorrow at 9am. I’ve been told 2 weeks from docking but not entirely sure if that’s accurate and may be longer

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
122 Posts
By the time it gets through customs, then delivered by lorry and then its checked over by the dealer before handing over, 2 weeks is likely worst case situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the time it gets through customs, then delivered by lorry and then its checked over by the dealer before handing over, 2 weeks is likely worst case situation.
Oh that’s good that’s worse case situation. I’m desperate for it to come not because I’m impatient but because I can’t drive my manual anymore and this is automatic. Thank you so much for your help you don’t seem to get a direct answer anywhere. My dealers a small Peugeot garage so not over run. And as far as I’m aware because of the chip shortage the ships aren’t running to full capacity?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks you so much. I’ve tracked the boat down and it arrives in port tomorrow at 9am. I’ve been told 2 weeks from docking but not entirely sure if that’s accurate and may be longer
How did you track the boat? I've got one on order and would like to do the same if possible. Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went on to sheerness on marine traffic (where the boat was being shipped too), and looked at vehicle carriers due to arrive from Vigo (where it’s come from). Just did a bit of investigating as you don’t hear anything. Did wait around 19 days after arriving in port to collecting car

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went on to sheerness on marine traffic (where the boat was being shipped too), and looked at vehicle carriers due to arrive from Vigo (where it’s come from). Just did a bit of investigating as you don’t hear anything. Did wait around 19 days after arriving in port to collecting car

thanks
Thank you for that info. It looks as though I won't get mine until the beginning of November then. It should have arrived at Sheerness on the 7th but I've now been told it will be the 13th Oct.

I suppose I'll just have to be patient for a bit longer, very frustrating though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been told that mine should be docking tomorrow, the 13th but I can't see anything on the marine traffic site that shows a vessel coming in from Vigo

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my 5008 1.2 GT Premium Petrol Auto, on 19th May - Was told the delivery date would be 1st September, but that came and gone. Now I had a build date of Friday 8th October 2021.
How can I track the vehicle to see if it had been built? How can I track the vehicle going into Sheerness and to the Dealer? Any links would be very helpful.
My dealer is unfortunately not the best at communicating.
First time ordering a Peugeot and it has not been the best experience, one that I know a good many have had to put up with.
Any help guys would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my 5008 1.2 GT Premium Petrol Auto, on 19th May - Was told the delivery date would be 1st September, but that came and gone. Now I had a build date of Friday 8th October 2021.
How can I track the vehicle to see if it had been built? How can I track the vehicle going into Sheerness and to the Dealer? Any links would be very helpful.
My dealer is unfortunately not the best at communicating.
First time ordering a Peugeot and it has not been the best experience, one that I know a good many have had to put up with.
Any help guys would be most appreciated.
I just wanted to share my good news with you guys.
My dealer has confirmed that my 5008 has finally been built.
So just the wait for it to be shipped and delivered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just wanted to share my good news with you guys.
My dealer has confirmed that my 5008 has finally been built.
So just the wait for it to be shipped and delivered.
I had confirmation on 28/9 that mine was built and that it was originally due to arrive in Sheerness on 07/10 which was then changed to today 13/10 but still no sign of it on the shipping site!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whoohoo! Just had a call to say that my car arrived in Sheerness yesterday, it's been called off and should be with the dealer within the next 7 to 10 days.

getting closer and can't wait!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whoohoo! Just had a call to say that my car arrived in Sheerness yesterday, it's been called off and should be with the dealer within the next 7 to 10 days.

getting closer and can't wait!!
It is getting exciting, like Christmas has come early.
Still cannot track my car - Dealer says the public cannot trak?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts