Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I just bought a used Peugeot 308 SW 2008 (right-hand-drive, in the UK). It's got a fairly basic audio setup: CD with MP3, radio, and what looks like an aux (RCA) input in the glove box. No bluetooth or phone control.

I'd really like to add some kind of hands free. I already have an FM transmitter handsfree device, that I used in my last car, but these are a bit crackly and unreliable.

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know my options. Could I replace the entire CD head unit with a 1-DIN unit that has built in bluetooth? Is that fairly straightforward to do? It looks like the existing CD unit is only one DIN, but it's hard to tell with factory-fitted devices as to how much they're integrated into the dash.

I'm also wondering if I can remove the little sunglasses storage thing below, and fit a 2-DIN unit. It would be cool if I could fit a 2-DIN Android computer of some sort, with a built in screen for GPS maps and the like.

Alternatively, if it's a lot of work to fit a 1-DIN or 2-DIN unit, what are my options for adding a third party bluetooth adapter that connects via AUX? The Parrots are quite expensive, but I know they're well regarded. My phone is Android if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried to add photos of my head unit and the aux inputs, but it wouldn't let me on my first post. Trying again in this second post:

Here's the head unit:
And the glove box connectors:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts