Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I am waiting for my 3008 to arrive from Sterling to York but am very impatient!! It is a 1.5 diesel automatic & I just wondered if it is fairly responsive or sluggish?? Also, how does everyone get on with the small steering wheel? TIA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your driving will never be the same...

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's no sports car but it's by no means sluggish either. The diesel's torque gives it a pretty good shove. I expected to have to get used to the steering wheel but it felt good straight away. Hope you enjoy your 3008 when it arrives!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Driving position and steering wheel are one one of the best things about the car. Steering wheel no different in size to my previous Merc AMG steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's no sports car but it's by no means sluggish either. The diesel's torque gives it a pretty good shove. I expected to have to get used to the steering wheel but it felt good straight away. Hope you enjoy your 3008 when it arrives!
Brill, thanks. I can't wait!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Agree with the previous responses. The driving position and experience are brilliant. i can't see myself ever going back to the traditional steering wheel, dash placement combination. My wife recently drove (for the first time) my car (1.6l Petrol) over 300km, and she adapted instantly from her Hyundai. She said that the responsiveness and commanding view made her feel much more comfortable on the road.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a 2017 GT Line 1.6 diesel manual and enjoyed driving it. Now have a 1.5 diesel auto and find it noisy and sluggish compared to the 1.6.... a lot of noise for not a lot of go. Additionally, whereas I averaged 50.4 mph over the 3 years that I had the old car, I am now getting only 41 mpg over the 6 months and 1400 miles that I have had it, doing the same type of journeys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a 2017 GT Line 1.6 diesel manual and enjoyed driving it. Now have a 1.5 diesel auto and find it noisy and sluggish compared to the 1.6.... a lot of noise for not a lot of go. Additionally, whereas I averaged 50.4 mph over the 3 years that I had the old car, I am now getting only 41 mpg over the 6 months and 1400 miles that I have had it, doing the same type of journeys.
Oh no, that's not encouraging!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello again.

Don't give yourself an stomache ulcer.

You got a very nice car.

No problem atm with the engine or whatever you might wonder.

My suggestion, go to a dealer ask for a test drive and you can get off that anxiety.

Be well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't find my 1.5 diesel auto noisy or sluggish, but then again, at my age I'm not trying to be a boy racer!

There's a "sports mode" button which slightly changes gear ratios and tightens steering. It does actually make the car feel a bit more responsive. Most of the time I leave it in comfort mode, though!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi All. I am waiting for my 3008 to arrive from Sterling to York but am very impatient!! It is a 1.5 diesel automatic & I just wondered if it is fairly responsive or sluggish?? Also, how does everyone get on with the small steering wheel? TIA
I want to offer you some publication on my blog if you like to write I have automobile blogs for publication

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello again.

Don't give yourself an stomache ulcer.

You got a very nice car.

No problem atm with the engine or whatever you might wonder.

My suggestion, go to a dealer ask for a test drive and you can get off that anxiety.

Be well.

Just picked my car up!! It's awesome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's one thing missing...
Pics of your machine!
=)

Be well, drive safely.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I recently bought a 69 plate blue hdi and find it very quiet and extremely responsive. Press the go pedal and I get forced back into the seat. I was told the older 1.5 diesel was noisy and I did watch a youtube review that said the 2.0 diesel was very noisy. The 1.5 in my car is quieter inside the cabin than many petrol cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts