Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to car today, windows were half open. Second time this has happened. But this time it was raining. I assume I accidentally held down the open button on the fob. Just wondering if somehow the remote control wind down function can be disabled?

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
I know it can be disabled via Diagbox.

No idea if the owner can do it via the touchscreen - knowing Peugeot thats likely not possible.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went to car today, windows were half open. Second time this has happened. But this time it was raining. I assume I accidentally held down the open button on the fob. Just wondering if somehow the remote control wind down function can be disabled?
I haven't seen anything in Settings to disable that, nor in the handbook. Was your car still locked?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I haven't seen anything in Settings to disable that, nor in the handbook. Was your car still locked?
It would re-lock if not entered within 30sec after being unlocked with the fob. It’s never happened to me, but I have sometimes wondered about it. As soon as I come in after last journey of the day I pop my keys into a RF shielding pouch to stop accidental presses and keyless relay thefts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It would re-lock if not entered within 30sec after being unlocked with the fob. It’s never happened to me, but I have sometimes wondered about it. As soon as I come in after last journey of the day I pop my keys into a RF shielding pouch to stop accidental presses and keyless relay thefts.
That's what I thought but with the windows halfway down, I would expect the alarm to go off due to air movement.

·
Registered
205 Posts
No alarm.
I would try locking the car, leave it for 5 minutes then hold the unlock button until it unlocks and the windows drop. Then just wait and see what happens. As @Templex it should relock after 30 seconds but I don't know if it does that with the windows down. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't because the assumption would be that the owner has deliberately pressed and held unlock.

If it doesn't relock then a Faraday pouch is worth a try, just visually check the car when you put the fob inside. If it opens again then there must be a fault.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would try locking the car, leave it for 5 minutes then hold the unlock button until it unlocks and the windows drop. Then just wait and see what happens. As @Templex it should relock after 30 seconds but I don't know if it does that with the windows down. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't because the assumption would be that the owner has deliberately pressed and held unlock.

If it doesn't relock then a Faraday pouch is worth a try, just visually check the car when you put the fob inside. If it opens again then there must be a fault.
Thanks,shall try that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts