Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, I am not sure if someone has already posted something on this, I have searched and cannot find anything. I have a Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 EW10 petrol car. This is the long story, we had the car leaking coolant because the o2 sensor had white deposits which confirmed this, we replaced the head gasket, then the car had a ticking noise, we replaced the hydraulic lifters, the oil pump failed and the engine seized. We had the engine redone, well cut the crank, got new mains and thrustwashers and big ends. Car started up but the nagging depollution fault came back again and then another fault was engine management system faulty. We have a recurring code, p1160 and we bought a new o2 sensor (before cat) and now the car is still jerking. It gives a OL fault, we want to test the MAP sensor with another that we are going to borrow from another Peugeot and check from there. What was interesting was that we unplugged the temp sensor and then the car was idling fine but as soon as the engine cooled, the ecu stopped taking readings from the o2 and then switched to open loop and then the fault came back. Can it be the MAP? We did some tests to see if there are any leaks on hoses etc but nothing. We checked fuel pressure, the engine runs smoothly when we started and drove while cold before the P1160 shot out, there are no misfires, the car starts first time, no injector problems, we checked the injectors for air etc. but no problems there. We are leaning toward the map but we want to see if there is anything missing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google points to Map sensor for that code as a fix but what exactly does the code mean? Did you use pp2k to read the code?
I don't have pp2000, we used a universal code OBDII reader and it keeps shooting that p1160 code. What we noticed on live data checks is that the car starts and when it's cold, the OL shows fault immediately. When we disconnect the temp sensor and clear the codes, the car starts, switches from OL to CL and then the car starts running perfectly, we can rev, everything seems to work except the temp reading. It goes between OL drive and CL and then the car goes cold and then OL switches on permanently and then we get the OL fault. It points to a faulty MAP sensor, that is why we getting another peugeot in to borrow that MAP sensor, which is the same one and then try it from there. I am just looking for more info because this car has gone through alot within the last 3 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts