Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of times in the last two days I have pulled the door handle to open the car, and nothing has happened. Instead, I have had to open using the key remote. Only seems to happen once, and then it's back to normal, so I wondered if anyone else has had this happen?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
A couple of times in the last two days I have pulled the door handle to open the car, and nothing has happened. Instead, I have had to open using the key remote. Only seems to happen once, and then it's back to normal, so I wondered if anyone else has had this happen?
I've not had that problem Lee but I have noticed a few times that when opening the unlocked driver's door I touch the handle in such a way that it operates the locking mechanism so I have to unlock the door again before I can open it. Being in a remote place I don't always bother to lock the door so presumably this won't happen when I'm at home in the UK.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris. It could be dirt, as I haven't had a chance to clean the car properly for a few weeks. Also, haven't used it for a week as I've been away, so could have gone into hibernation mode to preserve the battery. Third option is it's the same old crap Citroen/Peugeot locking system being used on the 3008, when it has failed countless times already on other models

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Lee,

with my experience of my 508GT, with keyless, I can tell you it's perfect now. Yes you're right in that Peugeot has had a lot of problems with the system, mainly the sensors in the handles. I had the driver one replaced a couple of years ago and ever since it's been perfect.
There are many things that can interfere with it's correct operation. Main ones other than the handle playing up are extreme cold, extreme heat water and dirt on handle and also cold hands. (that'll be the problem for the missus that on)
I would think with you're car being so new it'll be a dodgy handle (sorry). I doubt it would be the car going into economy. I parked my car at Heathrow for 5 weeks last winter and my handles worked fine when I came back to it.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Peugeot owners aren't alone with this. I've had numerous problems with my Kia Cee'd. Main one for them is water getting in to the buttons and creating an open circuit and the car battery draining overnight. My boot also doesn't work with the fob near the car you have to physically unlock the car with the fob to open the boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts