Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, further to my post the other day, I'm getting somewhere.

Car wouldn't start. Parked up fine, next day, wouldn't run. Check the timing, replaced cam sensors, crank sensor. Still nothing. Turns over, no fire.

Anyway. Today, thought I'd tow it. Fired up on the first attempt. Turn the engine off, no start. Tow, runs fine.

Now the starter seems to turn over the engine pretty quick, but is it quick enough? It's a VTI model 207.

Many thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
did you take it for a good drive, this is all guesswork but have read in the mini forum about having trouble starting after timing work as the ecu is on old settings and needs to learn or be reset.
When we had a running rich engine due to air it took a good few hours for the ecu to lean the mix.
When running did it feel ok?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Best to keep things on 1 post rather than open a new post on basically the same subject but i recon you may have a wiring issue/bad earth as the starter might be drawing all the power to turn the engine and leaving nothing left to fire it up.

Also you say its turning pretty quick so could also be a lack of compression as it should not really turn pretty quick :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts